Sign Hankins; Save This Defence. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Hankins; Save This Defence.

dolhindan

Rookie
Reaction score
This has been my beef from the moment we let Sue go. It changes our front seven completely and would allow the LB"s. to roam and make plays. I will get flamed for this one but IMO this interior is just able to occupy blockers and not penetrate. It's personnel not scheme. TE's, RB's. and crossing routes will eat us alive again this year if we don't get some kind of pressure up the middle. I am not saying the purge of Sue was wrong, but we did not address his replacement and that will kill this season. I know this will not happen but "good God" it should. Out.

Okay we sign hankins sure.. than Burke has him fly upfield because thats what he ask everyone to do... than what?

Okay we sign hankins sure.. than Burke has him fly upfield because thats what he ask everyone to do... than what?

Well if he was a good coach he would let Hankins play to his strengths which is being a good run stopper. If he was a good coach he would adjust his defense to the players he has not the players he wants.

If he was a good coach he would adjust his defense to the players he has not the players he wants.

Exactly
Very insightful post and is a reason for much of our miss management and lack of more success. Gases way or the highway.... not working to well IMO....

Hey Gase make a street called NO PENALTIES...... and then show non flexibility....

Exactly
Very insightful post and is a reason for much of our miss management and lack of more success. Gases way or the highway.... not working to well IMO....

Hey Gase make a street called NO PENALTIES...... and then show non flexibility....
I like the idea. To the point unlike the lobster trap Wanny hung in the locker room that no one on the team got. “We going crabbing, coach”?

Hankins won’t save the defense but he can at least bump them up from sad and pathetic to mediocre.

Scheme is the issue. Those guys cant be that bad. Other teams dont have the same issues with the same caliber of player that the Fins have with their DT's. Besides, I watch Kinko last night. He is too small. He gets ate up every time he trys to rush the middle. No push. Its like he hits a brick wall. Its pathetic. He part of the problem. The othe two guys MC and the other rookie from OST, I think will be alright.

We need Bill Romanowski...lol

I thought he would have more interest by now. My only conclusion is that the league must not think very highly about what he's got left in the tank. More importantly, we don't have the money to sign him anyway … so we're going to roll with what we've got. All gap-penetrators and let's hope they guess right on the run gaps. Then lets hope Raekwon McMillan adjusts to the NFL quickly. And hope Baker gets a clue, because he does an awful lot of running around for no purpose.

We had Suh and we were bed. How is this guy going to make us better? Our LB's have to play better and really our back 7 have to play better.

Maybe there was a reason Rob Ryan was on our sideline last week?

Back
Top Bottom