Sign Hankins; Save This Defence. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Hankins; Save This Defence.

Scheme is the issue. Those guys cant be that bad. Other teams dont have the same issues with the same caliber of player that the Fins have with their DT's. Besides, I watch Kinko last night. He is too small. He gets ate up every time he trys to rush the middle. No push. Its like he hits a brick wall. Its pathetic. He part of the problem. The othe two guys MC and the other rookie from OST, I think will be alright.
I agree. Kinko is too small or at least not strong enough. You would think that the coaches who watch the tape would see this and never have him try to rush up the middle but they consistently do. It's maddening.

Save the D? He can play outside corner, two LB slots and DT all at once? WOWZA!!! Damn right, sign the man

We can at least wait until the defense is exposed to panic? I mean I'm all for upgrading many positions, have little confidence in Burke, and expect the defense will have trouble against certain offenses, but we're acting like the defense is in big trouble when in fact they might be okay.
If the offense can live up to expectations (e.g. top 5 ppg), the defense should be more than adequate barring major injuries.

We can at least wait until the defense is exposed to panic? I mean I'm all for upgrading many positions, have little confidence in Burke, and expect the defense will have trouble against certain offenses, but we're acting like the defense is in big trouble when in fact they might be okay.
If the offense can live up to expectations (e.g. top 5 ppg), the defense should be more than adequate barring major injuries.

Wow, you have high hopes for this offense. I'd be ecstatic with top 10.

We need Bill Romanowski...lol

Well, though the penalties will increase 3 fold, after our defense finishes ripping the faces off all the offensive players, I guess we will win by default...and the spitting will get better too. Bonus

Last edited:

If the D can be top half of NFL, Miami should be alright. I agree though, too soon to panic.

I agree. Kinko is too small or at least not strong enough. You would think that the coaches who watch the tape would see this and never have him try to rush up the middle but they consistently do. It's maddening.

So what's your other account name and are you embarrassed that you forgot to switch before you agreed with yourself?

The DT were solid, defense gave up one TD and had 3 turnovers....Not sure I would call the defense needing to be saved, although I would be happy for some improvements.

Defense played well enough to win. I can not be too hard on them for being a little off-kilter after the second two hour layoff. You can't control the way your body responds to that situation, only try to fight through it and manage it as best you can.

Yes, we were lucky that Mariota is struggling in that new offense, that Blaine Gabbert, sucks, and that the Titans were quickly down both starting tackles. With that said, I saw things to be encouraged by with our defense. The run defense was better than I expected, and the corner play was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom