Sign Marquette King Now! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Marquette King Now!

ChambersChamps

Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Matt Haack may have been a rookie last year and he may be cheap on the books but King is arguably the best punter in the league. I know many of you are thinking, "Why do we need a new punter?" Or, "Why waste money on a punter?" I'l tell you why. Punters can dramatically change the game with how the can flip the field and also how they can pin opponents deep in their own territory. Since we don' have an elite offense by any means, special teams can be our #1 strength if we get this guy and if we could get a good kicker as well.

Not that he isn't a good punter, but we just don't really NEED to add him. If we had a plethora of money, sure but we aren't sitting on much

if he is so good why did he get cut?

Cuz the Raiders made the genius move of signing him to a 5 year $16.5 million contract last season and Gruden the Raider God realized that was a mistake?

Just a guess but I’m sure his contract numbers were behind it.

Cuz the Raiders made the genius move of signing him to a 5 year $16.5 million contract last season and Gruden the Raider God realized that was a mistake?

Just a guess but I’m sure his contract numbers were behind it.

If he is a top tier punter 16 million over 5 years doesnt seem an absurd figure. Especially as the guarentee would be lower than 16

If he is a top tier punter 16 million over 5 years doesnt seem an absurd figure. Especially as the guarentee would be lower than 16

It’s high, top 5. His stats last year were middle of the pack though and they obviously didn’t feel he was worth top 5 money.

I would rather draft JK Scott from Alabama in the 7th round. Keep him on a rookie contract for 3 years and reevaluate.

sorry im not dropping over a mil for a punter, and this guys was making over 3 mil per year. very talented but no thanks

Haack is on the hotseat. He had a few good games but a lot more poor ones that he should have made better yardage. Coach Rizzi assesses all of this and I'm pretty sure that he is looking for his upgrade. Make no mistake, King would be a very good upgrade but as a previous poster commented, we probably have some bigger priorities where the money needs to be directed.

I have a better idea. Just try and convert every fourth down and you don't even need a punter. I hear it's a winning strategy "Never punt"

Back
Top Bottom