Sign Russell for Vet Minimum? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Russell for Vet Minimum?

Absolutely no. Russell's a "me first" sanctimonious turd who has the ability to infect team culture. Keep him away from Tua. There is a reason why Denver are taking a massive $38M dead cap hit this season and next as well, just to get rid of him (and they don't have a QB to replace him). Yes, he'd come cheap and he has a big chip on his shoulder, but letting Russell in the building would smash the good team culture of last season in 10 seconds. I doubt that Mike McDaniel could put up with him.

At first I wouldn't mind it as a backup because he'll upgrade that spot since White isn't it. However, if what you say is true about the guy, then I agree ....no deal.

Trade Tua, free up the 20m. Move up for Pennix and sign Russel for a year. Works for me.
Wilson isn’t anywhere close to the QB Tua is. Pennix has had twice the injuries Tua has had and I don’t see him as anything but a backup QB in the NFL.

Tua is going to be the Dolphins starting QB for the next 10 years and the anti Tua crowd can either accept it or just root for another team.

Wilson isn’t anywhere close to the QB Tua is. Pennix has had twice the injuries Tua has had and I don’t see him as anything but a backup QB in the NFL.

Tua is going to be the Dolphins starting QB for the next 10 years and the anti Tua crowd can either accept it or just root for another team.
Tua has already peaked my friend

Lmao. No way Russel goes unsigned for a real contract. Someone will pay him $6 mill a year min. He will decline.

League minimum? 😂
He will sign for league minimum simply because anything he makes is offset to the Broncos. He will take the minimum just to stick it to Payton. Either way he's getting 39 million this year. Someone is getting him for next to nothing. Just glad it's not us.

I wonder if Russell Wilson learned from his humbling last year. I doubt it. I wonder if he has some sort of savior complex.

Now…this being said…I am of the opinion that there are two HC who could potentially work with Russell Wilson and keep him under control; Mike McDaniel and Mike Tomlin.

I believe it will be the latter.

Have you been watching the Dolphins play since 1972? If so then you should have long ago learned whether a QB has got what it takes or not, especially one that has played for the Dolphins for 4 seasons.
If you're young person or someone who has only watched the Dolphins for a season or two please disregard the above sentence.
Either way, what matters is that Tua had his shot and the results were not good, so it's time to move on a try to find aa QB who can lead the Dolphins to the Superbowl.

Back
Top Bottom