Sign Russell for Vet Minimum? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sign Russell for Vet Minimum?

Tua needs a savy QB vet he can lean on. Russell probably isnt ready for the mentor backup role, and we don’t have that on our roster either.

Been saying it all day.

Perfect 1 year rental to get the young QB in here to groom, trade Tua, and keep Wilkins.

Russ was not the reason Denver was mediocre...

We will not win a SB with Tua on the big contract, he cannit hide various roster deficiencies like a Mahomes.

Tua either needs to take less or be dealt, end of discussion.

He will sign for league minimum simply because anything he makes is offset to the Broncos. He will take the minimum just to stick it to Payton. Either way he's getting 39 million this year. Someone is getting him for next to nothing. Just glad it's not us.

Didn’t know that. Thank you.

I've been trying to forget that Tua asked Mahomes for his jersey after being eliminated from the playoffs, and just thinking of Russell Wilson being a FA made me come back to that moment where I just couldn't believe that Tua asked for a jersey in the playoffs after being destroyed. How on earth do you pay a guy that does that 250+million dollars to be the face of the franchise and be so contextually stupid? And then that makes me go down the rabbit hole of wondering what could we get for Tua? 2-3 second round picks? I don't think Russell Wilson is toast at all, and he probably would look amazing with our current talent. Hill, Waddle, Achane, Mostert, add some more speed and build a cohesive line with the picks you get from trading Tua, and Wilson has so much space to operate for a new 2-3yr window.

I've been trying to forget that Tua asked Mahomes for his jersey after being eliminated from the playoffs, and just thinking of Russell Wilson being a FA made me come back to that moment where I just couldn't believe that Tua asked for a jersey in the playoffs after being destroyed. How on earth do you pay a guy that does that 250+million dollars to be the face of the franchise and be so contextually stupid?
It's unfathomable...

Is this worse than Ryan Tannehill not knowing what division we played in?

🤣🤣🤣 wow I never knew that. (Neither did Tannehill)
See hard knocks Tannehill's rookie year.

Thought we played in the AFC South and when he was told he was wrong argued how we "should" be in the AFC South.

Completely ignorant to the history of the historic franchise he was just drafted to.

I mean, why should he care?

The only other first round QBs we had ever drafted to that point were Griese and Marino.

Now it's:

- Griese
- Marino
- Tannehill
- Tua

I see a trend developing.

Now I can't stop thinking about our "Franchise" QB smiling after being pulverized 26-7 walking up to Mahomes and asking for his jersey...IN...THE...PLAYOFFS!!! THE ****ING PLAYOFFS!!

Trade Tua, free up the 20m. Move up for Pennix and sign Russel for a year. Works for me.

I think I’d trade the pick aquired for Tua for picks next year and pass on this QB class. But I don’t hate the plan

Jesus Mary and the little Donkey. I thought this was a Jamarcus Russell thread till I opened it phew!

Let's be honest we've had suggestions as bad in FH lore.

Back
Top Bottom