Simmons will return kicks this week!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Simmons will return kicks this week!!

If I remember correctly, Simmons will be returning Kickoffs, not Punts. Personally, I think Rogers should be benched in favor of Tolver (for his WR abilities). Miami doesn't use 4 WR sets, so he wouldn't see time anyway- but it sends a signal to Rogers that he is ineffective and had better step it up.

T$

Last edited by a moderator:
Kick returns are less responsibility, good way to break Simmons in. He doesn't have to make all those decisions with fair catches, doesn't have to run very far very fast just to catch the ball, etc. Actually what I think should happen, and this is what I proposed ever since I saw Simmons in preseason and training camp, is a normal two back kick return stance (think Madden 2k3 or 2k4, you know, how there is a guy on the right and a guy on the left and wherever the ball goes thats who gets it)...put Simmons on one side, Rogers on the next, and have a team pick their poison. If it looks like teams are starting to avoid one guy, then we can always revert to the one back and force them to kick it to him until one has solidified his spot as the KR.

Plus, Sammy in the Slot...I like it. He makes plays.

CK!!, where have you been? There's some real knuckleheads posting these days. The board needs you, Ozzie and DCH, heck I even miss Bodzilla, the Dude knew his Football inside out. Come back guys.

LOL, I think you have one of my old usernames before I changed it

BTW, Nice site you have, but when are you going to update those videos? I check every week but none are there :(

I think it it will be good to see what Simmons can do. Rogers has not lit the world on fire yet. Whether that is blocking, or not, we will see.

Rogers has not been impressive. He certainly has speed but doesn't look like he has the moves.

Simmons has speed too...

I like the move.

It might be the time to cut Rodgers and bring back Gadsden.At least he can catch some great passes.Seems like the hands this year from our wideouts are missing.

Am I the only one who thinks Tolver has way more potential than Simmons?

Tolver was more impressive and energetic during the preseason compared to Simmons. As far as in that 51 yard return for Simmons that didn't even result in a TD, 2 Falcons defenders on the left side were grounded in the infield dirt and could barely reach out to Simmons, then Simmons runs into his own player. The play might be considered good, not great. But great job to those who brought out the archives of the play.

I live on the west coast therefore i can only get nationally televised games. I will put up the monday night game.

Back
Top Bottom