since when has the dolphins become public enemy #1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

since when has the dolphins become public enemy #1

wyatt erp

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I am reading alot of post and threads and other material on our beloved dolphins and nearly everyone is predicting that we will be worse or just the same as last year. I know we have hashed this around before but since its slow and nothing is going on right now I thought i would try to delve onto this a little deeper. here is what i am pondering in my mind. first, the dolphins have a good wining percentage among the nfl but some people say the dolphins have done nothing and has won no big games since 1984. this is wrong as far as i am concerned but i cant argue because i cant remember the last time we won a big game thats why i am calling on my fellow dolphin fans to help argue this with our critics because i think if you rip any other team except the dolphins , a lot of people get up in arms about riping their team. so why is it that if a media guy critizes a team that teams fans raise hell but when the dolphins are the butt of ridicule nobady raise any hell ? i am just wondering about it that s all .
I am constanly hearing about the dolphins being bad from other fans and media . so will the dolphins be a lot better this year or will it be ten years like some are suggesting before we are competitive? i belive that we cant afford too many injuries on the dline but i would think we can win at least 7 games and win as many as 10 games. how do you guys look at this subject ?

We are a proud franchise:

Best coach ever
Best QB ever
Best TEAM ever (1972)
Best winning % of ANY sports team since 1970.

Nick Saban is well on his way to restoring our team.

wyatt erp said:
I am reading alot of post and threads and other material on our beloved dolphins and nearly everyone is predicting that we will be worse or just the same as last year. I know we have hashed this around before but since its slow and nothing is going on right now I thought i would try to delve onto this a little deeper. here is what i am pondering in my mind. first, the dolphins have a good wining percentage among the nfl but some people say the dolphins have done nothing and has won no big games since 1984. this is wrong as far as i am concerned but i cant argue because i cant remember the last time we won a big game thats why i am calling on my fellow dolphin fans to help argue this with our critics because i think if you rip any other team except the dolphins , a lot of people get up in arms about riping their team. so why is it that if a media guy critizes a team that teams fans raise hell but when the dolphins are the butt of ridicule nobady raise any hell ? i am just wondering about it that s all .
I am constanly hearing about the dolphins being bad from other fans and media . so will the dolphins be a lot better this year or will it be ten years like some are suggesting before we are competitive? i belive that we cant afford too many injuries on the dline but i would think we can win at least 7 games and win as many as 10 games. how do you guys look at this subject ?

Quite honestly, we haven't really won any big games since Jimmy Johnson took over. The playoff game against Seattle is about it. Some might try to point at the New England game last year. But that shouldn't be considered a big game at all -considering it meant nothing to us one way or the other.

Anyone who expects us to lay down and post another 4-12 season is in for a big f'ing supprise. I honestly do not know if we can be a playoff team this year but you better believe that we will crush some other teams playoff hopes.

Man, you're the marshall -- they can't possibly be public enemy #1 without you being out to get them. ;)

PassRush said:
Anyone who expects us to lay down and post another 4-12 season is in for a big f'ing supprise. I honestly do not know if we can be a playoff team this year but you better believe that we will crush some other teams playoff hopes.

I'm with you. But I really do think we will be in the playoff hunt. The outcome won't be decided until the end of the season. And I'm willing to bet we get in as a wild card.

Is it not apparent? Sports today have become a what have you done lately industry. So it's no surprise we have doubters and bad season predictions given the type of season we just came off of and all the questions that exist regardless of the potential coaching abilities of one Nick Saban. Honestly, I don't agree with 4-12 predictions or 3-13 predictions...... I can actually see what might lead them to think that. Regardless I know that it's just going to take time to see what the future holds for this franchise, specifically this year. Honestly, not one Dolphin fan on here really has any ground to stand on when defending the team to fans of other teams about where we'll finish, how much potentially better players we have at certain positions than theirs........... Seems like a big waste of time to me.

thanks for your input guys . If we could pull a upset over a super bowl team that would help. i think i would be more at ease if i could hear a compliment on some of our other great players from time to time like my boy csonka or warfield. i hope like hell that mcmichael and chambers can put up some good numbers.

Actions speak louder than words. The guys need to prove it on the field from training camp on to the postseason. Let em all eat crow at the end of the season.

Unfortunately as bad as we were last year everyone is taking the shots at us they couldn't take for the last 30+ years.:lol:

Soon Saban will unleash hell on the nonbelievers! :evil:

We will win at least six games based on improved offensive line play, improved running backs, possibly having Boston for a year at WR, and at least some improvement at Quarterback although i am predicting much improved.

We will have at least 7 losses due to poor defensive tackle play and poor secondary play.

3 games will go either way depending on injuries

adamprez2003 said:
We will win at least six games based on improved offensive line play, improved running backs, possibly having Boston for a year at WR, and at least some improvement at Quarterback although i am predicting much improved.

We will have at least 7 losses due to poor defensive tackle play and poor secondary play.

3 games will go either way depending on injuries
You actually think saban is going to field a team that doesn't practice the fundamentals? When we lose games this year, it will be because of mental errors, not because of the lack of fundamentals.

Frankly there are many things about us that is currently easy to mock. First there's the record. Then the whole RW thing. The fact he's coming back actually adds to our laughing stock status.

Now I believe there are reasons for hope primarily b/c of Saban but also b/c of our talent level. The problem is these are projections and critics can easily dismiss this as homerism.

The problem I have with it is that most of the mocking comes from people with very short attention spans. Miami is perennially among the best teams. The bad seasons are few and far between. I bet our avg. record dwarfs almost every other team.

I don't think the fins are public enemy #1, it's just hard for people to pick a team with a whole new coaching staff to do well. Even if everyone thinks Saban is going to turn out to be great, the dolphins are installing new systems on offense and defense, and that just always takes time. Look at all the best coaches of all time and most of them will have bad records in the first year. It's just the nature of the NFL. Plus there are some big concerns/questions at DT, DB, QB, and OL. Is it possible that this team could do well? Of course. It's just hard to expect it.

Mile High Fin said:
We are a proud franchise:

Best coach ever
Best QB ever
Best TEAM ever (1972)
Best winning % of ANY sports team since 1970.

Nick Saban is well on his way to restoring our team.

Cant say it much better.

Back
Top Bottom