Sinorice Moss | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sinorice Moss

Blade2000

NFL Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think Sinorice Moss(who's older bro is Santana Moss) could be a good fit as a Speed Reciever?

Most definitely but he's not worth the 16th pick nor will he fall to us in the 2nd round. I'd love to have him here to stretch the field & make more room for Chambers & Booker to do their thing.

id love him, but no earlier than the third, he would be an excellent slot reciever

Height

5-7 7/8 -- Lacks ideal height for a high-round WR prospect.

Weight

183 -- Possesses marginal bulk for the position.

Speed

4.30 -- Is one of the fastest prospects (regardless of position) in this year's draft class

To short!

Blade2000 said:
Do you think Sinorice Moss(who's older bro is Santana Moss) could be a good fit as a Speed Reciever?

Moss can flat out fly and was neck & neck the fastest guy on the field with RB D Williams. He only dropped one ball that I saw during my visit to Mobile that last two days. His height is the only draw back ... I think he will go to one of the teams in the top 10 of round 2 and could even be a possibility at the end of round one.

moss is a second rd pick..but wasnt santana also too small?

Danny1339 said:
Height

Speed

4.30 -- Is one of the fastest prospects (regardless of position) in this year's draft class

To short!

When you are that fast, you run deep paterns.....gravity helps the ball come down to you. You dont need to be 6' 6" to catch the deep ball...or the screen!

QB in the huddle: "Sinorice, you go long"

If he dropped to us in the 2nd and he was the best prospect I would definitely try and get him, he has speed that can take it to the house on any given play and has great moves after the catch.
If he's gone or there is better value at 2nd round then I would love to also get Skyler Green in the later rounds.

As a Canes fan I'm shocked he's rated this high. On the Canes message boards the consensus is the same. He isn't nearly as combative or versatile as Santana plus he doesn't have the kick return aspect. Or at least he wasn't used heavily in that regard at UM. A little receiver needs to be extra special and Moss just isn't.

Danny1339 said:
Height

Weight
183 -- Possesses marginal bulk for the position.

Speed

To short!

This is not a good argument because Sinorice is probably the fastest WR in the draft & he possesses probably the best hands of the bunch too. Curious, how tall & big is Steve Smith of Carolina? Answer: 5'9 185. Steve Smith is a whole inch taller & 2 pounds heavier. Both Steve Smith & Santana Moss weighed in the 170s during their evaluations.

WR's 5'10 or shorter:
Mark Clayton (5'10)
Derrick Mason (5'10)
Lee Evans (5'10)
Steve Smith (5'9)
Deion Branch (5'9)
Az Hakim (5'10)
Antwaan Randle-El (5'10)
Bobby Engram (5'10)
Santana Moss (5'10)

From scouts inc. today:

Much like former Oklahoma WR Mark Clayton a year ago, Miami WR Sinorice Moss is making a name for himself at the Senior Bowl. He has been the most explosive athlete on the field. Moss has elevated his draft status into the late-first round. He did not get to handle many returns in college because of the presence of Devin Hester, but Moss has wisely gotten involved in punt return drills throughout this week's practice sessions.

I'd love to have him here with our team.I don't care that he's short...is not a dance out there anyway.He can take it to the house every time...but like someone else said here....not at 16 but he'll be gone before we pick again in the 2nd round.....a guy I like is Hass....he's not a burner but he gets open and will catch the ball.Of course if we can get Givens I'd be happy too.

Ozzy rules!!

Awsi Dooger said:
As a Canes fan I'm shocked he's rated this high. On the Canes message boards the consensus is the same. He isn't nearly as combative or versatile as Santana plus he doesn't have the kick return aspect. Or at least he wasn't used heavily in that regard at UM. A little receiver needs to be extra special and Moss just isn't.
I just don't think Miami used him like they should have. Granted he isn't as good as his brother, but he is lighting fast, has great hands, and is very good with the ball in his hands. I also think he would be a great kick returner, but wasn't really given the chance behind Hester and the rest of the stellar Miami returners. I don't think he'll ever be a 1, but he could be a good #2 IMO. I don't know how well he would fit on the Dolphins only because height is something we are lacking at WR, but I think he could be a solid 2nd round pick.

i just think with the way the rules are set in the passing game where defensive backs cant even touch a WR anymore... a little reciever can be more successful... you dont have to be a big physical presence to get through coverages anymore... with his speed, and his route running i think he can be real good in the NFL

arsenal said:
i just think with the way the rules are set in the passing game where defensive backs cant even touch a WR anymore... a little reciever can be more successful... you dont have to be a big physical presence to get through coverages anymore... with his speed, and his route running i think he can be real good in the NFL

I completely agree, especially in our offense where we are trying to go deep alot. he would give us the true deep threat. I just wonder if we would have a chance at him.

I think we won't take him in the first. Cutler will be gone. By the reports there is no way he makes it past Arizona. So that means we may have to look at QB in the second, like Croyle so we'd have to hope for Moss in the third, which isn't happening. Only way is if Croyle is gone in the 2nd and we decide to try for Whitehurst in the third, then Moss would ahve to be available for us. Why isn't the draft this weekend. I just can't wait.

Ps. I'm not to concerned if we get him just scenarios in which he would be available to us.

Back
Top Bottom