SIR: Madison goes off on Feeley after pick (link) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SIR: Madison goes off on Feeley after pick (link)

Dolphanaholic said:
It's dissapointing Sam Madison is a veteran and the last thing this team needs is bull!@#$ on the sideline if he has something to say do it in the locker room but not on the road on the sideline. When players start Teeing off on each it will come apart at the seems unless it already has .
I really, truly, think it came apart when Huizenga didn't fire Wannstedt last year. I think the defense lost hope. Watching the offensive line makes me lose hope...I can't even imagine how the poor QB feels or the defense. I'd stay with Feeley, that's for sure, but with that line, I don't know if he can overcome what was happening.

Anyway, it's this: Players don't like conservative. They don't like "punting is not a sin" talk. They don't like "it was too hard to comeback from a 14 point deficit (with only 57 minutes left in the game." This team is already coming apart at the seams. It will take a new coaching staff, and a new system to start the road back Like the Bears fan said, we are in the downward spiral of the Wannstedt curse....may Huizenga see the writing on the wall and start to turn the tide NOW. The players need a change and they need it NOW.

Wow, the Feeley lovers are harsher defenders than the Jay lovers ever were.

Now, don't get me wrong, and I still have some hope for AJ. (Though hope seems dwindling lately) but....

Madison played his friggen *** off Sunday. Surtain out, Howard out, and Poole hurt in the middle of the game, and we still held the Bengals offense to 9 points.

You wanna know why Madison is pissed off at Feeley. Check it out.

We're down 7-0 against the Titans. Feeley's pick pretty much sealed the game. We held the Titans to 10 points defensively. Not saying we win with Jay, but I bet we would have had a better chance. He would have seen the same prevent defense as Feeley, but probably wouldn't have been dumb enough to throw that kind of ball AJ did to Thompson. Heh, the last time he did that was in 2000 against the Pats (With Bledsoe) and we still won that game.

Now we were up 3-0 FOREVER against the Bengals. Feeley's second INT for a TD in 1 1/2 games really screwed us over man. You never throw to a curl route (or an out route) when there is a defender RIGHT next to him, who cares if Chambers moved, with how the ball was thrown the defender would have had the inside angle for the pick, the only difference is if Chambers moved, he may had been able to make the tackle.

The offensive line is the reason for the offensive woes in this game, but bad Quarterback play (seems like the same story the last 2 years huh?) once again hindered a great defensive game for the Dolphins.

I'd be so heated if I were Madison playing in that game. Dude, we were missing like 1/3 of our starters. Feeley ****ed up, the O-line ****ed up.

Guess who were the ones called out by Madison and McMike? The 6 people who lost the game for us Sunday.

I think it's great that players on the defense are pissed off at the offense. This team can't be divided but the offense has to quit turning the ball over. 19 carries for 22 yds? It's no good Sam got in Feeley's face, but it's alright that McMike got in all the oline's face? I wanna see Aj do well, and I think he should be starting but the defense doesn't think so it was reported on ESPN Monday Night Countdown that many of the defensive players believe Jay should be starting.

When Feely has 4 years of these types of performances then we can compare AJF and JF supporters. Not even Dan Marino could have gotten that ball off in time with that crap protection. Im not comparing the two but lets be serious.

Dolfan984 said:
We're down 7-0 against the Titans. Feeley's pick pretty much sealed the game. We held the Titans to 10 points defensively. Not saying we win with Jay, but I bet we would have had a better chance. He would have seen the same prevent defense as Feeley, but probably wouldn't have been dumb enough to throw that kind of ball AJ did to Thompson. Heh, the last time he did that was in 2000 against the Pats (With Bledsoe) and we still won that game.
QUOTE]

Why can't you people understand that you can't properly judge a QB who has absolutely zero time to make his reads. He could barely make some of the handoffs the offensive line was so bad. Did you miss the first half of Tenn game, Fiedler was awful with this same line, same stupid mistakes because he had no protection. Why not go with the potential rather than the proven-not-good-enough QB? you're making comparisions to 2000 that are COMPLETELY invalid. We had a good offensive line back then. One that allowed Fiedler time to pass or scramble. Stop blaming the QB. Maybe AJ isn't better than Fiedler, but we won't know until McIntosh steps in and hopefully solidifies the line.

Phinzone said:
This goes on the COACH NOT the players. I'm all about owning up to your mistakes on the field but you have to blame WANNY for the **** that's going on.

He DIDN'T COMMIT to the right QB in the first place. That was VERY valuable learning time lost for AJ while Wanny dicked around.

Wanny still hasn't commited to a QB.
That's even more hysterical than the preseason.

Feeley did look like a loose cannon trying to make plays that just weren't there.

A QB that is trying to fight for and keep a job is going to try and make plays to stay there.

A QB that is told by his coach that "hey were making a change and going with you. YOU ARE OUR GUY. Your inexperienced and it's going to take time to learn the ropes. Just play smart, you don't have to worry about throwing 300 yds to keep this job. You think that may just make a little difference in the mind of AJ Feeley?

I do, I think it would make a huge difference.
The acknowledgement and backing of his idiot head coach would allow the kid to worry about playing smart and actually learning rather than trying to carry a flawed offense on his back to keep the starting job.

Coaching definitely has blame in this situation.

GMP-AGAIN said:
I really, truly, think it came apart when Huizenga didn't fire Wannstedt last year. .

Absolutely! I was really hopin Wanny would be given his walking papers and that Norv Turner would get the team. We let the wrong coach walk!

GMP-AGAIN said:
Anyway, it's this: Players don't like conservative. They don't like "punting is not a sin" talk. They don't like "it was too hard to comeback from a 14 point deficit (with only 57 minutes left in the game." This team is already coming apart at the seams. It will take a new coaching staff, and a new system to start the road back .

You are so right here.
Wanny has a play not to lose mentality that whether he wants it to or not infects his whole team from coaches on down to players. It's a basic issue of having a positive aggressive attitude towards what you are trying to achieve versus the results you get if you have a negative fear of failure based outlook.

Dolfan984
Sure we are harsh defenders of Feeley. He has only been here 4 months or about, plus instead of trading or letting Fieldler go so Feeley could get Starters reps during the pre-season, he had to split them with Fieldler. Then the O-line sucks and is letting him getted creamed to the point he can bareley have time to get off a pass, and all of a sudden a loud mouth like Madison opens his mouth and blames Feeley ! Unreal !!! All the people who love Fiedler and have wanted him for 4 years are now not understanding why we are pissed after 1 game ! Thats a joke ! Build up the O-line, and give this guy a chance. Plus like someone else pointed out, Fiedler has had RW as well on offense for the last 2 years, and now Feeley doesnt even have that !

Dolfan984 said:

:lol:

I don't see anyone that is a Feeley lover.
You can't be a Feeley "lover or hater" ( as those who have zero ability to hold a conversation label everyone ) at this point.

The guy has to be given a shot to grow.
We'll only know how good or bad he is in time.

The only defending of AJ is that he should continue to be given that chance to prove himself at least one friggin year since Jay got 4 long years to prove himself.

Trekbiz said:
:lol:

I don't see anyone that is a Feeley lover.
You can't be a Feeley "lover or hater" ( as those who have zero ability to hold a conversation label everyone ) at this point.

The guy has to be given a shot to grow.
We'll only know how good or bad he is in time.

The only defending of AJ is that he should continue to be given that chance to prove himself at least one friggin year since Jay got 4 long years to prove himself.
Exactly !!!

Why can't you people understand that you can't properly judge a QB who has absolutely zero time to make his reads. He could barely make some of the handoffs the offensive line was so bad. Did you miss the first half of Tenn game, Fiedler was awful with this same line, same stupid mistakes because he had no protection. Why not go with the potential rather than the proven-not-good-enough QB? you're making comparisions to 2000 that are COMPLETELY invalid. We had a good offensive line back then. One that allowed Fiedler time to pass or scramble. Stop blaming the QB. Maybe AJ isn't better than Fiedler, but we won't know until McIntosh steps in and hopefully solidifies the line.

The issue, in my opinion, is not whether Feeley needs time to develop. Judging his as a player and given his experience HE DOES NEED TIME TO DEVELOP, so it is not his fault. The issue is that Wanny and Speilman put a project (who may end up being very good down the road) at QB (not to mention the O-Line) with an aging defense whose window of opportunity is closing. So the "win-now" philosophy is simply not applicable and I think the defense know this and is upset because they do not have time to let Feeley develop.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Dolfan984 said:

Dude, I didn't single out Feeley. I put the offensive line in the same boat. I think it's funny when you people see your boy being talked about bad you're all over it like a fat kid on a smartie. My main point is, that AJ CANNOT keep giving the other teams points. I KNOW that AJ has more potential, and I never once said to bench him. (yet unless he friggen Ray Lucas's up the place anymore) The point about AJs pick was that he should have taken a sack, and threw a prayer that took us out of the game. Our offensive line was better in 2000, but our skill position players (Injured Tony Martin, Gadsden, Shepard, Goodwin, Smith, Konrad) were worse than what we have this year. You know what? That had NOTHING to do with them making that play except for getting hit, throwing the ball instead of taking a sack, and having that ball take away any chance of a comeback against them. Jay sucks too man, don't get me wrong...but AJ might not be that great. Like I said before, there is still some hope left. 0-2 isn't a lost cause yet. I hope you're right about McIntosh.

Dolfan984 said:

Now, don't get me wrong, and I still have some hope for AJ. (Though hope seems dwindling lately) but....

Madison played his friggen *** off Sunday. Surtain out, Howard out, and Poole hurt in the middle of the game, and we still held the Bengals offense to 9 points.

You wanna know why Madison is pissed off at Feeley. Check it out.

Now we were up 3-0 FOREVER against the Bengals. Feeley's second INT for a TD in 1 1/2 games really screwed us over man. You never throw to a curl route (or an out route) when there is a defender RIGHT next to him, who cares if Chambers moved, with how the ball was thrown the defender would have had the inside angle for the pick, the only difference is if Chambers moved, he may had been able to make the tackle.

The offensive line is the reason for the offensive woes in this game, but bad Quarterback play (seems like the same story the last 2 years huh?) once again hindered a great defensive game for the Dolphins.

I'd be so heated if I were Madison playing in that game. Dude, we were missing like 1/3 of our starters. Feeley ****ed up, the O-line ****ed up.

Guess who were the ones called out by Madison and McMike? The 6 people who lost the game for us Sunday.

Knee jerk reactions. I love it. Yes it was a bad pick, but both picks that have been returned for a TD came because of miscommunication. The receiver went one way, while the QB went the other.

Growing pains people. It happens.

Back
Top Bottom