Site Seniority Recognition Badge | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Site Seniority Recognition Badge

2hd372q-1.jpg

one of the very rare times you intentionally made me laugh. Good job:D

Maybe for members like Bill who've basically been here from the start we could also have something like a "Gold Standard Charter Member" badge :idk:

2hd7715-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think my idea is a better idea. This way it doesn't cause a divide in the community. Displaying everyone's years as plain text will help prevent anyone thinking they are "special." Don't get me wrong wrong there is bound to be some elitism with the years being displayed but with a badge displaying only certain years I think it could cause more elite attitude than just a plain text display.

I still think my idea is a better idea. This way it doesn't cause a divide in the community. Displaying everyone's years as plain text will help prevent anyone thinking they are "special." Don't get me wrong wrong there is bound to be some elitism with the years being displayed but with a badge displaying only certain years I think it could cause more elite attitude than just a plain text display.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Obviously for the next few years I have no horse in this race, but considering how abysmal the Fins play has been, IMO, there's something to be said for paying homage to active members who've hung in there year after year with very little satisfaction to show for it... .. to the point where it's more that they're deserving of special recognition than any perception of elitism. I mean, compared to the current server transition survival badge, our long standing members actually earned this distinction. Now if site leadership wants to chronologically mark off years of membership beyond the very obvious and informative "year joined" for less than 10 years, that's another story entirely.

Bottom Line: if someone's put up with all the team frustrations, hard wired pissing and moaning or homerism, and of course intentional attention whoring and trolling for ten years they deserve special recognition. if you're concerned about "elitism" then let's instead eliminate the "donator/supporter/VIP badges" cuz nothing says "you do less than me to support the site" than those. :idk:

Can I have one that says "I can't believe me dick hasn't fallen off"

Back
Top Bottom