'Slap in the face' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Slap in the face'

Nappy Roots said:
point is how he did it. if he would of said, it was a slap in the face because im the leader of this team, ive been here every day since the start, ive been to war with these guys...but no he said he was a slap in the face because of the QBs race that was chosen to be better.

clear.gif

I know what your saying, I just dont think it makes him a bad person or anything, lots of people probally feel that way but he just said it

Racism is a real thing so I guess he is just sensitive or defensive about it, if we all lost everyones respect for saying a stupid thing, none of us would respect each other

McNabb's lost it. If it was Vick he would've been fine with it? That would've been more insulting. At least Favre has a ring. What's McNabb got. A memory of being unable to breathe with two minutes left in the Super Bowl. He just lost half the fans in Philly with that comment. The Eagles should consider dumping McNabb, bringing in a vet QB, and keeping T.O.. From here on out McNabb is going to be booed unmercifully by the Eagles fans anytime he screws up

adamprez2003 said:
McNabb's lost it. If it was Vick he would've been fine with it? That would've been more insulting. At least Favre has a ring. What's McNabb got. A memory of being unable to breathe with two minutes left in the Super Bowl. He just lost half the fans in Philly with that comment. The Eagles should consider dumping McNabb, bringing in a vet QB, and keeping T.O.. From here on out McNabb is going to be booed unmercifully by the Eagles fans anytime he screws up
Yeah I agree he better be leading Philly to a SB next year.Theyll be ready to run him out of there.To say it was a "black on black crime" thats a stretch.Even for TO thats off.

Alex22 said:
I know what your saying, I just dont think it makes him a bad person or anything, lots of people probally feel that way but he just said it

Racism is a real thing so I guess he is just sensitive or defensive about it, if we all lost everyones respect for saying a stupid thing, none of us would respect each other

ok, so since racism is a real thing, we shouldnt lose respect for those that are racist?

this isnt one of those things where he didnt have time to think about what he was going to say.

McNabb=*****

Nappy Roots said:
ok, so since racism is a real thing, we shouldnt lose respect for those that are racist?

this isnt one of those things where he didnt have time to think about what he was going to say.

McNabb=*****

His comment doesnt make him racist

Im white and I didnt take offense to it

Its not like he said 'White people cant be athletes and he chose that loser Favre'

Alex22 said:
His comment doesnt make him racist

Im white and I didnt take offense to it

Its not like he said 'White people cant be athletes and he chose that loser Favre'

no, but what he did say was comparing a white QB to him was a slap in the face. you got all this stuff about favre to think about, his #1 priority was his skin color being not black.

Nappy Roots said:
no, but what he did say was comparing a white QB to him was a slap in the face. you got all this stuff about favre to think about, his #1 priority was his skin color being not black.

I think what he thought T.O was saying is that an white QB is better than a black QB

And even though he is completly wrong in that, it takes us back to the point that maybe he is just sensitive about it

The day he says that he hates white people Ill agree with you

Untill then its up for further evaluation

Nappy Roots said:

right.....he went on to say that he "could have been compared to (then listed 4 BLACK QB's) and that would have been ok"....but Farve is a slap in the face. Can you honestly sit here and say that it isn't a race issue when he says that.

To D.McNabb, being compared to a white guy, even if it is one of the greatest QB's to ever play, is insulting. Sounds pretty racist to me.

Now picture this for a moment. An AMAZING college basketball player (who is white) is compared to Michael Jordan......but in response, he says that it is a slap in the face to be compared to him and that if they had said Larry Bird, or Kevin McHale or Steve Nash, that it would have been ok. The guy would have been instantly villified and it would be an accepted belief that he was a KKK member.

burger13 said:
right.....he went on to say that he "could have been compared to (then listed 4 BLACK QB's) and that would have been ok"....but Farve is a slap in the face. Can you honestly sit here and say that it isn't a race issue when he says that.

To D.McNabb, being compared to a white guy, even if it is one of the greatest QB's to ever play, is insulting. Sounds pretty racist to me.

Now picture this for a moment. An AMAZING college basketball player (who is white) is compared to Michael Jordan......but in response, he says that it is a slap in the face to be compared to him and that if they had said Larry Bird, or Kevin McHale or Steve Nash, that it would have been ok. The guy would have been instantly villified and it would be an accepted belief that he was a KKK member.

^^read

Alex22 said:
I think what he thought T.O was saying is that an white QB is better than a black QB

And even though he is completly wrong in that, it takes us back to the point that maybe he is just sensitive about it

Untill then its up for further evaluation

Alex22 said:

:sidelol:

yup, michael irvan and TO are racist towards black people

Nappy Roots said:
:sidelol:

yup, michael irvan and TO are racist towards black people

Ive met black people who hate other blacks

Ive met white people who hate other whites

what does it have to do with anything?

He doesnt hate white people, he just thinks he was being hated on as an african american QB

Alex22 said:

That's basically what he said. I'm sure Jon Runyan is going to love blocking for McNabb from here on out

Alex22 said:
Ive met black people who hate other blacks

Ive met white people who hate other whites

what does it have to do with anything?

He doesnt hate white people, he just thinks he was being hated on as an african american QB

:rolleyes2

Back
Top Bottom