sleeper team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

sleeper team

Originally posted by Billsfan
I'll say it again....Buffalo......Looking good
to not make the playoffs again.

What you think Bledsoe is your saviour? How many times did NE go to the playoffs with Bledsoe?

We have signed 10 FA's, including Eddie Robinson, London Fletcher, Trey Teague, Mike Hollis, Charlie Rogers, Billy Jenkins and David Moore. Then we drafted Mike Williams and Josh Reed. On top of that Drew Bledsoe.

Our O-line
Jennings
Ostroski
Teague
Brown
Williams

WR's
Moulds
Price
Reed

FB
Centers

If T. Henry can improve in his second season, running behind Brown and Williams, thing will happen.

This is a solid offense.

If we can get a run stuffer in the middle of our defense, we could very easily be a sleeper.

So to answer your question. It's not only because of Drew Bledsoe but he helps.

Also, he was a rookie on a team that just finished 2-14 and he led the Pats to 3 playoff appearances in his 8 years.

No way Kansas City will be a sleeper team. They need some real OLBs. Interior OL can improve. Secondary is awful. Trent Green is decent. No superstar on offense (though Morton and Holmes are above average). DL is average (though the new DTs will become pretty good with time).

Buffalo will improve, but I think they will still miss the playoffs...
As for the sleepers:
AFC - Denver
NFC - Atlanta

Denver and Atlanta will be good, but I wouldnt count on them making the playoffs. They will be 9-7 at best.
Atlanta- need help at safety, both safeties combined for 1 INT last year. But the corners are good. 3-4 offense looks good, but i would only say they have two excellent linebackers (Brooking and Kernery and two starting linebackers that I would call below average for starters (Thierry and Draft). I like Vicks and good depth at RB, but receiving corps sucks. Shawn Jefferson is pretty good, but they will not win throwing to Finneran and Kahlil Hill. OL is decent.
Terrible draft with only one player I can see starting who wont because he doesnt fill a need position (Duckett).

Denver- great Offense, but they needed to address Defense. they have good QB in Griese and excellent receiving corps. Very deep. Same as RB, deepest in league. Good OL. Defense will struggle. Secondary is awful with the exception of O'Neill who is no superstar. LBs and DEs arent worth bragging about either.

I will say why Buffalo still doesn't have a good team. Bledsoe is good, but they are still very weak at RB and the defense is below average.

Buffalo has a very good RB in Henry, and some good run blocking OL. Bledsoe has some good weapons at WR and TE and a very good receiving FB in Centers.

Buffalo's defense will be years ahead of where it was last year, just due to their younger players maturing and making less mental errors. They have some good DE prospects, great DT in Pat Williams, very good to excellant LBs, two very solid CBs and a big ol hole at S.

They are closer than you think to being a dangerous team.

I would not call Henry "very good." But I agree with you, they are much better than last year. They will finish the season 9-7 only because they get to play everyone in the AFC East twice. If they can improve at safety and had an OL that can protect the QB, they can be a playoff team.

Originally posted by EddieIrvine13
I would not call Henry "very good." But I agree with you, they are much better than last year. They will finish the season 9-7 only because they get to play everyone in the AFC East twice. If they can improve at safety and had an OL that can protect the QB, they can be a playoff team.

They've improved. If they don't get any injuries, they'll finish around 6-10. You should see the local sports writers/reporters in WNY. They're actually saying the Bills will be in the Super Bowl. The only reasonable one is Larry Felser, but he is a jerk.

The Bills couldn't win one with Marv Levy, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, and Bruce Smith in their primes. That's kind of sad. But then again, we couldn't win one when we had Marino, Dupe and Clayton. I think if we had, had Thurman Thomas and a decent D in the early 90s, we could have won a couple of SBs.

HAHA! The Super Bowl! If they ever get as far as playing us in the Super Bowl, JT, and DG are going to beat us Bledsoe so bad! And Henry is not going to get past Chesters and Bowens! Their WRs will do nothing against Surtain and Madison and our safeties, not to mention Zach Thomas in the mix of things! RW will run right over them and once Chambers beats out his CB, they have no one to stop him!

EddieIrvine, about Atlanta going 9-7, I agree they are good enough to go 9-7. And in that crappy division, 9-7 will probably win it. LMAO. I think there are plenty of sleepers. But really what is the definition of a sleeper? A team that you think will be better than last year record wise. Or a team that will make the playoffs this year and didn't last year?

A sleeper is a team that did not do so hot one year, and than comes out of nowhere to have a good year. New England was THE sleeper last year. So were the Bears.

Back
Top Bottom