Slimm's 2017 Linebackers (Seniors) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2017 Linebackers (Seniors)

Being a Total aqua...I have to go with the Gator Jarrad Davis...but...I would like a bigger LB.

I know he is not on this list but I'd love me some TJ Watt.

And it is nice to see you and read your reports CK, I'm not on as much as I used to be.

P.S. odd, they changed my word to "agua'.

From a football standpoint I said this before but you take any of the three SEC linebackers and you're doing great work, between Foster, Davis and Cunningham.

I don't like the idea of placing any one of those guys head and shoulders above the others from a football standpoint. They all state their case well on game day. And athletically.

All have weaknesses. With Cunningham it is, at times, atrocious tackling, as well as a tendency to take over-aggressive angles he can't get to. He's a guy that gets bailed out by teammates for being too aggressive. Get right down to it, the guy missed 20 tackles this year. That's a lot, man. Even if he did get 114 total tackles, 20 missed is still a lot.

With Davis it's sometimes the opposite of Cunningham in terms of the angles. He's the guy that bails others out by taking appropriate angles to where he knows he can cap off the gain. That's not a bad thing because there's no lack of aggression in his game. He's a guy I would accuse of being on horse testosterone injections. He can miss some tackles. He missed 8 this year. He can really struggle at times working through trash. Sometimes there's a bit of a feeling like he's an athlete still trying to learn how to be a linebacker.

With Reuben Foster, the next interception or forced fumble he has will be his first since high school. He's small for a linebacker. I wouldn't call him fast. He's a kinesthetic learner who doesn't do well in playbooks or on a whiteboard. His character is clearly a big question mark as are the people he hangs out with. And bottom line he had a lot of cogs in the Nick "Do Your Job" Saban machine of a defense that were not just doing their job, but doing it really really well, making things easy for him. I thought Mosley had it kind of easy that way, and Foster isn't as good as Mosley was, not as athletic. Foster also misses tackles particularly against the pass when there's more space.

Back
Top Bottom