Slimm's 2017 Runningbacks (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2017 Runningbacks (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Leonard Fournette / LSU / 6'0", 240
(#3 overall)
leonard-fournette-touchdown-run-against-auburn.gif

2. Dalvin Cook / Florida St. / 5'10", 210 (#9 overall)

3. Christian McCaffrey / Stanford / 5'11", 202 (#10 overall)

4. Joe Mixon / Oklahoma / 6'1", 228 ** (#12 overall)

5. Alvin Kamara / Tennessee / 5'10", 214 (#43 overall)

6. D'Onta Foreman / Texas / 6'0", 233 (#64 overall)

7. Brian Hill / Wyoming / 6'1", 219 (#68 overall)

8. Marlon Mack / S. Florida / 5'11", 213 (#71 overall)

9. Jeremy McNichols / Boise St. / 5'9", 214 (#72 overall)

10. Wayne Gallman / Clemson / 6'0", 215 (#104 overall)

11. Elijah Hood / N. Carolina / 6'0", 232 (#109 overall)

12. Samaje Perine / Oklahoma / 5'11", 233 (#111 overall)

13. Aaron Jones / UTEP / 5'9", 208
(#116 overall)
8059023.jpg

14. Stanley Williams / Kentucky / 5'7", 190 (#239 overall)

15. Devine Redding / Indiana / 5'8", 205 (UDFA)

16. Joseph Yearby / Miami / 5'9", 207 (UDFA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was unaware of Cook's issues. After reading up on the situation, I'd rather see him dead than playing in the NFL, but he's obviously very talented.

Where would you rank Gurley and Elliot if they were in this class?

I liked what I saw from Western Kentucky freshman D'Andre Ferby last season. Nice feet for a 6'1 240 pound bull dozer.

The players 5-9 are pretty close imo. If most of 1-10 leave early, this should be the best group of RB's in a few years, anyway.

Where would you rank Gurley and Elliot if they were in this class?

I don't know if people remember exactly how highly I graded Todd Gurley or not, but I remember trying to convince everyone how special of a talent he was. I remember watching Gurley running for 120+ yards against Alabama's defense as a freshman. Alabama had the #1 rushing defense in the country and only gave up around 76 yards/game on the ground to opposing teams.

Conversely, Alabama completely shut down Leonard Fournette last year, and didn't do anything special in order to accomplish it. We didn't stack the box or any of those over-used football clichés that you hear a lot.

Gurley and Fournette are a lot alike in terms of being such a rare combination of speed and power. They were both incredible at running between the tackles, but both could also turn around and return a kick 100 yards for a touchdown at 6'1", 230 pounds. The difference is Gurley was just a little better at running outside than Fournette was. Gurley could gain the edge of your defense and outrun angles better. Fournette enjoys squaring up and punishing defenders. He'll run through you where Gurley will slash. Fournette is the most powerful of the three.

The fact that Todd Gurley was drafted in the top 10 only 5 months after suffering a season ending knee injury spoke to just how special he really was.

Elliott is right there with Gurley in terms of effectiveness running inside and outside. That's why he was able to run for 230 yards against Alabama's defense, and basically run Ohio St. to a national title in 2014.

I believe Elliott is the best of the 3 in pass protection, although Gurley and Fournette are both more dangerous catching passes out of the backfield. All 3 are such great backs that you really have to split hairs in order to differentiate. All 3 are in their own class as prospects.

Junior D'onta Foreman from Texas looks like a bull at 6'1 249. He has the size and running style that usually produces at the NFL level and could be drafted on day three. His style would really compliment Ajayi and Drake.

Junior D'onta Foreman from Texas looks like a bull at 6'1 249. He has the size and running style that usually produces at the NFL level and could be drafted on day three. His style would really compliment Ajayi and Drake.

Foreman is a powerful runner with great balance. He's best when Texas runs the power staple (pulling offensive lineman). Best fit at the next level is certainly to a team that utilizes this style up front. Probably not a team like Miami though.

I believe Foreman is the second best RB the Longhorns have behind sophomore Chris Warren. A lot of people may remember watching his dad during the early/mid 90's as one of the best backs in the league for the Seahawks. His size and skillet are very similar to his dad.

He really impressed me towards the end of last season when he rushed for nearly 300 yards and 4 TD's against Texas Tech as a true freshman. You'll be hearing a lot about this kid in the future.

At this point:

1. Dalvin Cook
2. Leonard Fournette
3. Royce Freeman
4. Nick Chubb
5. Christian McCaffrey

Wow! It almost seems abusive to have Foreman carry the ball 51 times against a 1 win Kansas team. His 250 yards were great, but his two fumbles hurt Texas in the loss. Has now rushed for 1,008 yards in the past four games alone. Will be interesting to see where the draft hype takes him.

Wow! It almost seems abusive to have Foreman carry the ball 51 times against a 1 win Kansas team. His 250 yards were great, but his two fumbles hurt Texas in the loss. Has now rushed for 1,008 yards in the past four games alone. Will be interesting to see where the draft hype takes him.

He is very interesting. Actually reminds me of Ricky Williams...maybe part of that is the uniform, but love his power and I think he has good speed as well.

Back
Top Bottom