23. Chucky Williams / Louisville / 6'2", 206 [#271 overall]

24. Jarrod Franklin / Tulane / 6'0", 205 [#272 overall]

25. Kamari Cotton-Moya / Iowa St. / 6'2", 198 [UDFA]

26. Cole Reyes / N. Dakota / 6'1", 216 [UDFA]

27. Nate Andrews / Florida St. / 6'0", 214 [UDFA]

28. Jaleel Wadood / UCLA / 5'9", 180 [UDFA]

29. Evan Berry / Tennessee / 5'11", 205 [UDFA]

30. Kieron Williams / Nebraska / 6'1", 195 [UDFA]

Armani Watts' play style reminds me a bit of R. Jones, but he's built like a FS. It'll be interesting to see how A&M used him in 2017 - and, of course, how he responds. He closes ground as quickly as anyone I've watched from this class, but I don't think he's as instinctive or consistent in his physicality as a guy like Blanding.

Igwebukie is developing into a pretty rounded Safety - jack of all, master of none (fun show, btw).

Dominick Sanders is the best ball hawk in the class (to date), and if he decides to tackle someone this year, he can jump a lot of people. At this point, it seems like a big IF. He and Donnie Miles are opposite extremes. I also favor Miles, because Safeties need to tackle.

Ohio State senior FS Damon Webb is really underrated. Legit good player, reminds me a lot of some other underrated guys in that mold that most people thought nothing of like Isa Abdul-Quddus and Delano Hill.

Armani Watts' play style reminds me a bit of R. Jones, but he's built like a FS. It'll be interesting to see how A&M used him in 2017 - and, of course, how he responds. He closes ground as quickly as anyone I've watched from this class, but I don't think he's as instinctive or consistent in his physicality as a guy like Blanding.

Igwebukie is developing into a pretty rounded Safety - jack of all, master of none (fun show, btw).

Dominick Sanders is the best ball hawk in the class (to date), and if he decides to tackle someone this year, he can jump a lot of people. At this point, it seems like a big IF. He and Donnie Miles are opposite extremes. I also favor Miles, because Safeties need to tackle.

Have u looked at Minkah Fitzpatrick yet ; if so what are ur thoughts ?

Have u looked at Minkah Fitzpatrick yet ; if so what are ur thoughts ?

Yeah, I have him as a definite 1st RD CB, and I think there are a lot of similarities to J. Ramsey; though, I don't think Fitzpatrick is as explosive or long as Ramsey (hardly a knock), but he may be more agile. Good chance he ends up the top CB.

Yeah, I have him as a definite 1st RD CB, and I think there are a lot of similarities to J. Ramsey; though, I don't think Fitzpatrick is as explosive or long as Ramsey (hardly a knock), but he may be more agile. Good chance he ends up the top CB.

I had the same thoughts; I can't help but think about Ramsey's success in the NFL, I'm hoping Minkah can make a similar transition. I think he has to have a great combine for teams to consider that move though because all the great CBs are super athletic. I agree he doesn't look as explosive as Ramsey on tape but his explosion does look similar to Lattimore who posted a 38 inch vert; so if he does well at the combine I hope we take a long look at him.

I don't know if you've watched any of Jaden Wright, but I want you to observe him here and tell me what you see. This is against the Florida Gators, Ole Miss, etc. 2 years ago.

I don't know if you've watched any of Jaden Wright, but I want you to observe him here and tell me what you see. This is against the Florida Gators, Ole Miss, etc. 2 years ago.

He hadn't been on my radar, but just from that cutup, I saw some flashes that reminded me of Eric Reid and Rashad Jones. I like his base as a tackler and the angles he takes, and he made some great breaks on the ball. Does he have issues with consistency?

He hadn't been on my radar, but just from that cutup, I saw some flashes that reminded me of Eric Reid and Rashad Jones. I like his base as a tackler and the angles he takes, and he made some great breaks on the ball. Does he have issues with consistency?

Nope. Kid's become a pretty consistent playmaker and one of the best defenders I've seen in the Sun Belt. Certainly one of the top 3. He's just battled some injuries this season and missed some games.

Hey Slimm - any info on the Memphis kid Jonathon Cook? Looks like he can play some S or CB. Alabama transfer.

Hey Slimm - any info on the Memphis kid Jonathon Cook? Looks like he can play some S or CB. Alabama transfer.

I watched him in high school several times. They won the 5A state title the year after we did (Hartselle) I think.

He just got choked out at Bama due to all the talent and had some issues off the field which led to him being dismissed.

I had kinda forgotten about him after he went to JUCO, but he's matured a little bit and been a solid player for Memphis. Could potentially get drafted if given the opportunity to showcase his skills for NFL teams. Just don't know if he will or not.

I'm not an FSU fan or anything so I'm not aware of these types of stories. But Ermon Lane popped out a few times on the Bama-FSU tape this year, and looking into his history...5 star WR recruit, battled some injuries and struggled rising up the depth chart so he volunteered in 2016 to move to safety to help the team, was starting and averaging 5.5 tackles a game two weeks after moving, played safety this year until injuries at WR forced him to move back there for depth...this all seems like the under the radar stuff pro teams will be monitoring. Huge and athletic, had to be pretty smart to make that transition so quickly and be viewed as dependable.

Those 5 star kids have a way of popping back up.

Just caught up a little on Jeremy Reaves, and I like him a lot. Looks like a guy who can also play slot, and his physicality and instincts in the box hang with just about anyone in the class (* being the level of competition, of course).

I'm not an FSU fan or anything so I'm not aware of these types of stories. But Ermon Lane popped out a few times on the Bama-FSU tape this year, and looking into his history...5 star WR recruit, battled some injuries and struggled rising up the depth chart so he volunteered in 2016 to move to safety to help the team, was starting and averaging 5.5 tackles a game two weeks after moving, played safety this year until injuries at WR forced him to move back there for depth...this all seems like the under the radar stuff pro teams will be monitoring. Huge and athletic, had to be pretty smart to make that transition so quickly and be viewed as dependable.

Those 5 star kids have a way of popping back up.
FSU fan right here, Lane is a jack of all trades, master of none. It's combination of roster depth and injuries at other position that the coaches asked Lane to switch from WR to S back to WR then RB then back to S. If he ever got real DB coaching from somebody not named Charles Kelly, then Lane might just blossom into a legit S.

Back
Top Bottom