Slimm's 2018 Tight Ends (Seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2018 Tight Ends (Seniors)

Would Herndon have been higher without the MCL injury?

Late round flyer?Or Undrafted signee?

I've always had a mid/later round grade on him. More of a #2 tight end at the next level.

He's apparently really going through some struggles lately trying to come back from the knee. I always hate to see this kinda thing with these kids. Hopefully he'll be able to get back on track.

Incidentally I think Dallas Goedert went out there and verified his tape at his pro day even without running the 40.

Only just started running and training two weeks ago because of his injury recovery, and already he's 35" vertical, 10'1" broad jump, 4.06 shuttle, 6.87 cone. I don't need to see any more on a 6'4.5" and 255-260 lbs guy with 34" arms, 10" hands, and 6'8" wing span. He's a physical phenom like Mike Gesicki. Better blocker, too.

No matter what anyone says I think on an FCS guy you need to know those scientific measurements. Sort of like the diver saying that there are two types of diver, ones that pee in their wet suits and ones who lie about it? There are two types of analysts, ones who realize that FCS and D3 level competition ****s with your ability to purely judge athletic skills in a vacuum, and ones who lie about it.

What did it say? Been deleted.

Scouts irked at Goedert for not running a 40 at pro day. Even though he performed all other agility tests and looked good in drills.

Same thing with Rashaan Evans, scouts are pissed at him too for not running a 40 yard dash. It happens.

Scouts irked at Goedert for not running a 40 at pro day. Even though he performed all other agility tests and looked good in drills.

Same thing with Rashaan Evans, scouts are pissed at him too for not running a 40 yard dash. It happens.

That's weird because I was reading Tony Pauline (who is fantastic by the way, and an all-around good guy to meet and hang out with) say that overall the scouts were pleased despite not running the 40 yard dash.

I don't need to see the 40 yard dash for Goedert if he only just started running two weeks ago. The fact he could put up those vertical, broad jump, shuttle, and cone numbers despite only just starting to train in earnest two weeks ago says it all.

I thought Rashaan Evans situation was a little more suspicious, personally.

Yeah Evans is still nursing an injury too, which is why he still hasn't ran. Scouts know when they attend these things there are no guarantees ahead of time on what a kid is going to do or not do. The handlers are typically in charge.

Durham Smythe has me wondering do we really need a seam threat? He has great size, great blocking, and can catch. I like how you dont know if its a run or pass when he's out there, they flexed him out and looked great blocking for WR screens and ran routes as well. He's kind of like a Fasano but could develop more as a pass catvher. 4th round maybe?

Durham Smythe has me wondering do we really need a seam threat? He has great size, great blocking, and can catch. I like how you dont know if its a run or pass when he's out there, they flexed him out and looked great blocking for WR screens and ran routes as well. He's kind of like a Fasano but could develop more as a pass catvher. 4th round maybe?

Wow. Nice call.

Looks like we got 2 of Slimm's top 4.

I sure hope Gesicki ends up a better pick than Goedert. Sure seems like a lot of people out there liked him better.

Back
Top Bottom