40. Antonio Blackmon / Purdue / 6'0", 195

41. Darrien Molton / Washington St. / 5'10", 190

42. Nate Meadors / UCLA / 5'11", 196

43. Jalen Fox / Ohio / 6'0", 190

44. Tae Hayes / App. St. / 5'10", 185

45. Mazzi Wilkins / USF / 6'0", 181

46. Blace Brown / Troy / 6'0", 194

Last edited:
I like your top 5 here. I'd rank them the same with maybe the top 2 switching places.

I'm trying to like both VT corners as well ... especially Alexander. Some inconsistency there ... I could see both working out the kinks by the next draft.

Alexander has a chance to be scary IMO. Hard to tell how much he wants it.

Alexander appearently is going to enter the supplemental draft in July. Looks like he'll be drafted too. Not sure what round. But I've read he's coveted. UPDATE: Alexander has officially declared for the supplemental draft in July.

Last edited:
Alexander appearently is going to enter the supplemental draft in July. Looks like he'll be drafted too. Not sure what round. But I've read he's coveted.

That's a mistake IMO. Another year of school would do him a world of good.

That's a mistake IMO. Another year of school would do him a world of good.

Problem is he was ruled academically ineligible, so another year of school wasn't in the cards for him. I think it's the best decision he could've made if he wants to play in the NFL.

Immensely talented, always has been. I just don't think he has the work ethic, study habits, or attention to detail to excel in the NFL.

Or college.

Problem is he was ruled academically ineligible, so another year of school wasn't in the cards for him. I think it's the best decision he could've made if he wants to play in the NFL.

Immensely talented, always has been. I just don't think he has the work ethic, study habits, or attention to detail to excel in the NFL.

Or college.

Well he's off to a good start ...

I would use a 2019 3rd round pick to get Alexander in the supplemental draft. A secondary of Howard, Alexander, Tankersly, Lippett, McCain, Alexander, Jones, McDonald and Fitzpatrick would be solid and deep.

Sam Beal is declaring for the supplemental draft in July as well. He's petitioned the NFL for entry. He apparently is a really good prospect and is highly rated going into 2019. It's being reported he could be the one prospect that could get selected as high as Gordon was.

Juan Thornhill is worthy of some Minkah Fitzpatrick comparisons in my opinion. He's used in similar fashion and has similar skillset. Versatile, technically sound, and extremely intelligent defensive back. He'll be able to find a home just about anywhere you put him.

Juan Thornhill is worthy of some Minkah Fitzpatrick comparisons in my opinion. He's used in similar fashion and has similar skillset. Versatile, technically sound, and extremely intelligent defensive back. He'll be able to find a home just about anywhere you put him.

I was a little surprised that he didn't declare. He wasn't perfect, gave up some plays, but he's physical, quick, and he has excellent ball skills. He also appears to be a very good athlete. He would have been a top-50 player for me, assuming he tested as I expected he would.

Cornerback Isaiah Johnson at Houston looks better every time I watch him. Kid has insane quickness to be that long. Flies down the field on special teams to make tackles. Reminds me a little bit of Dre Kirkpatrick when he was at Bama.

Texas has been recruiting and coaching up DBs as of late. Something to keep an eye on.

That entire Longhorns secondary will play in the NFL eventually. Although my personal favorite among the draft eligible Longhorn DB's is probably P.J. Locke. I believe he's a starting nickel safety at the next level for a team that likes to utilize 5+ DB's a significant percentage of the time.

Agree with you moving Baker to #1. Smaller than ideal, but he's just a damn good player.

I think his instincts and ability to recognize routes are what really stands out the most. Although I do worry about his inability to find the football with his back turned at the next level. I think his best fit is to a team that likes to play a lot of off man coverages.

I wouldn't necessarily consider him locked in at #1 for me personally. I really like the Oruwariye kid. Nice bump and run - press corner.

I know Baker gets a lot of credit for shutting down Emanuel Hall when UGA played Missouri, but I feel it's a little bit of a false narrative.

Emanuel Hall's hamstring shut Emanuel Hall down. He wasn't even supposed to be playing. He shouldn't have been out there. He had been nursing it since the Wyoming game, but they needed him as a decoy. That's all he was vs. Georgia. He couldn't even hardly run.

I'd love to see that matchup with both players healthy.

Back
Top Bottom