Slimm's 2019 Cornerbacks (seniors) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Cornerbacks (seniors)

Damn I should've known better.

Been watching a lot of Houston defense video lately for Emeke Egbule and Ed Oliver and been stunned by Isaiah Johnson's prowess...and so I came to see what Slimm thinks of him. Third behind Baker and Ya-Sin.

That sounds...incredibly right.

Damn I should've known better.

Been watching a lot of Houston defense video lately for Emeke Egbule and Ed Oliver and been stunned by Isaiah Johnson's prowess...and so I came to see what Slimm thinks of him. Third behind Baker and Ya-Sin.

That sounds...incredibly right.

sooooo that Houston defense has some solid players apparently, where do you think Egbule will go, round wise??

Feels like everyone (excluding present company) forgot about Iman Marshall. His 4.53 is a win at 207 lbs. He never took that next step after a strong start to his career at USC, but I think he's a good bet on late Day 3, where he seems likely to go.

Also curious to see what people do with Kris Boyd. Has the tools to be a versatile DB, and is somewhat similar in profile to Gardner-Johnson except he was asked to cover on the perimeter more, where he did have some struggles. I'd like to see him inside or in a D that plays more zone and off coverage.

I always felt like Marshall needed to move to safety. He’s just a little bit too stiff for corner.

Boyd has the talent to be a pro bowl cornerback. But his technique has always been a mess.

Slimm we talked about this a long time ago but it's worth noting that Chris Westry went ahead and had the sort of pro day measurements I always thought he would.

He was 6044 and 199 lbs with 34" arms and a 6'10" wing span, ran a 4.31 with a 38" vertical, 10'1" broad jump. One team even clocked him at 4.27 in the forty.

That position is very much a measurement-oriented position. He's going to get a shot.

Yeah those are exceptional numbers. Spectacular. Just goes the other way in a hurry when you turn on the tape. Does for me.

Back
Top Bottom