Slimm's 2020 Defensive Ends (underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2020 Defensive Ends (underclassman)

I remember Johnathan garvin from his freshmen year he jumped off the film. Dude is legit

I still like him but he hasn't done much this year. Defensive end play has been earning highest level of dismay on all the Canes sites. Everyone knew the offensive line was weak. But nobody projected a non-existent pass rush.

Every time the Canes have an underclassmen who looks like he might turn into a first rounder, reality settles and he drops back into the pack.

The young Miami defensive end who looks really interesting is the redshirt freshman Greg Rousseau. Not much playing time yet but he really passes the eyeball test, almost like he should be playing for LSU

Agreed, but that body type is going top 10.

Have you seen Wirfs ?

Im a no on Espenosa with a top 10 pick. Don’t see outside shoulder win nor do I see the athlete to validate it.

Don’t see scheme fit either but that’s a secondary thing

Last edited:
Im a no on Espenosa with a top 10 pick. Don’t see outside shoulder win nor do I see the athlete to validate it.

Don’t see scheme fit either
Agreed probably best suited for a 5 tech but ceiling will always be limited due to athleticism, his hesi to bull rush is a dependable move for him.

Yeah I agree I don’t think he was ever really a top 10 prospect.

He’s basically Taco Charleton coming out of Michigan - gets pressure mostly by stunting and twisting. Somebody will probably take him in the 1st round and regret it.

Deforest Buckner didn't give much outside win in college either so if there's reason he could succeed that would be it.

I like matos. He’s raw but covers ground very well he has great length he’s a full foot or more longer than other guys lined up in his stance with his hand in the ground and I can see in 2 years that kid being a player. I’d bet on that top 20. He came across the formation unblocked mind you but from the opposite side of the play side and met the rb a yard behind the los and threw him forward on the tackle for conversion on 4th and 1 I think it was but still impressive

So far I like young and matos.

Yeah I agree I don’t think he was ever really a top 10 prospect.

He’s basically Taco Charleton coming out of Michigan - gets pressure mostly by stunting and twisting. Somebody will probably take him in the 1st round and regret it.

I think taco was more twitchy but I think a lot of what taco was gonna do was gonna be based on length and hip fluidity.

I like matos. He’s raw but covers ground very well he has great length he’s a full foot or more longer than other guys lined up in his stance with his hand in the ground and I can see in 2 years that kid being a player. I’d bet on that top 20. He came across the formation unblocked mind you but from the opposite side of the play side and met the rb a yard behind the los and threw him forward on the tackle for conversion on 4th and 1 I think it was but still impressive

I’d agree with this also. Although for Matos he’s going to have to answer some red flag questions about why he was suspended from the team the entire summer for a violation of team rules.

I like matos. He’s raw but covers ground very well he has great length and I can see in 2 years that kid being a player. I’d bet on that top 20. He came across the formation unblocked mind you but from the opposite side of the play side and met the rb a yard behind the los and threw him forward on the tackle for conversion on 4th and 1 I think it was but still impressive

The motor on Matos is crazy hopefully he can learn to process quicker, his burst is inconsistent.

I’d agree with this also. Although for Matos he’s going to have to answer some red flag questions about why he was suspended from the team the entire summer for a violation of team rules.

Which might help you get him a little later. If I could get that at pick 33 I’d be real happy.

But I think off what I’m seeing athlete wise with a lot of these heralded college kids some of these kids are in for stock drops after they test.

I’d take matos with Houston’s pick I know that.

Which might help you get him a little later. If I could get that at pick 33 I’d be real happy.

But I think off what I’m seeing athlete wise with a lot of these heralded college kids some of these kids are in for stock drops after they test.

I’d take matos with Houston’s pick I know that.

Really ? Athlete wise I could see it, but he's kind of raw as a pass rusher, he should win on the outside a lot more and I don't think he understands the idea of attacking half a man on the outside.

Really ? Athlete wise I could see it, but he's kind of raw as a pass rusher, he should win on the outside a lot more and I don't think he understands the idea of attacking half a man on the outside.

I think his whole game is raw that’s why I’m saying 2 years from now might really have something. If he figures it out.

Tools look high level to me and top 20 pick worthy

Back
Top Bottom