Smith, Bruschi share award... NFL has no shame! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith, Bruschi share award... NFL has no shame!

I wish they would just pick one guy. Bruschi's comeback is amazing, but he made nowhere near the impact that Steve Smith did in his comeback. Smith should have been the recipient hands down.

Itsdahumidity said:
Absolutely disgusting! Yes his story was unique this year, but S. Smith had a MVP type season. And if anything Ricky performed much better on the field than ol teddy. Damn nfl, can't even hide your favoritism. :shakeno:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2280984

Christ, knock it off.:shakeno: Ricky was suspended from football for drugs. I love Ricky right now, but in no way does he deserve to be nominated for this award. what a stupid thread.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Christ, knock it off.:shakeno: Ricky was suspended from football for drugs. I love Ricky right now, but in no way does he deserve to be nominated for this award. what a stupid thread.

I totally agree. Ricky was going to be suspended for the season for his drug use, and then he suddenly quit on his team. What he did was dishonorable (although I thank him for helping to dump Wanny). There's no way you elevate Ricky over Smith or Bruschi for that, absolutely no way.

Bruschi doesn't deserve the award, a couple of tackles and a few sacks makes you come back player of the year? Steve Smith was the best WR in football this year. I sort of take it as an insult to smith, and as someone else said, favortism to the patriots, have to get the patriots some love whenever they can.

Brushci's comeback from such a serious issue was amazing, but his season was not an MVP type season. He didn't throw all the TD passes that Brady did to propel his team when they couldn't much of anything right on D...that's a miscarriage of justice...but whadda ya gonna do ?? The NFL wants the pub....

Ricky's doing great and im glad he's back . . but no way should he get an award for a comeback . .

Hey Pocoloco & Ohio Fanatic how about reading my post again and tell me where does it state that Ricky should win the award over Smith?

Knock it off? Please. If you strongly disagree with a post and/or thread simply don't reply.

Ricky coming back from suspension, missing a year and performing well is a top story. It doesn't matter the circumstances of his suspension (some of you "Ricky quit on us" jilted fans need to let it go)

Read posts more carefully next time.

I'm pleased that they at least split the award with Steve Smith.

it seemed a forgone conclusion that Bruschi would get the award, despite Smith being 10x more deserving.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this is the first time in which a player won this award and had WORSE numbers than the year before!!

Media and people just love white overachieving linebackers, I wonder if he was black if people loved "Bruscetta" just the same.....:confused:

Lederhosen said:
Media and people just love white overachieving linebackers, I wonder if he was black if people loved "Bruscetta" just the same.....:confused:

Get outta here with all that race crap, im sick of all that ****

This is the first I am hearing about this and it is astonishing. Yes, Bruschi made a comeback from something that could have taken his life and he risks it all again to play football. He had a great season but Smith was an absolute beast, by far the best reciever in the league this year. Regardless of what Rickys situation was, I dont think he was deserving. I do believe that if Ricky put up beastly numbers he would have won even with his situation

I can see why it was split between Smith and Bruschi. Teddy's comeback was spectacular, just not in an on the field way.

Finfan86 said:
Get outta here with all that race crap, im sick of all that ****

Unfortunately race does play a major role is the NFL and must be considered. I really wish it was something that wasn't an issue, but unfortunately that isn't the world we all live in.

Back
Top Bottom