Smith make all-rookie team, gets pay raise | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith make all-rookie team, gets pay raise

Re: Re: Wade's Woes

Originally posted by dolphan39
I disagree - Norv/Wise lost the Dolts game because they did not provide Smith w/any help block Freeney when the rookie was not up to it...

Go look at that play again. Ricky Williams was right there and should have put a shoulder at least into Freeney. Instead, he stayed on his pass route. Smith had been beaten inside on two earlier plays by Freeney, so Smith hesitated to ride him out wide. Ricky was in position to chip on Freeney, and he didn't do it. Freeney raced around Smith and forced the fumble.

Outside of two games, I'd say Wade Smith played as well as you can expect a rookie offensive lineman to play.

Smith was a rose in a landfill of an O-line this year. I predict he'll become a pro bowler one day.

Originally posted by Section126
he needs 20 pounds muscle.......he needs to get to work.....if he does that....we have a pro bowl LT.
He'll get 20 lbs of muscle in time. They'll load him up on some creatine, glutamine, protein shakes, and prosteroids (I don't think the prosteroids are banned in the NFL yet).

Jordan Gross was the top offensive Tackle in the 2003 draft, Wade Smith was a mid-round pick so you can' compare an all american lineman with a small school lineman.

I saw him at the Galleria Mall in Fort Lauderdale last week.. He still needs to add some weight for a LT..

Originally posted by m_churchill
Smith was a rose in a landfill of an O-line this year. I predict he'll become a pro bowler one day.

I agree, I'm exited about his future with the Dolphins.

Well, I'm not sold on him just yet. He had those 2 horrible games and had a couple of pretty good ones but had a lot of average games. I wonder if with more weight he'll be slower. I didn't expect too much out of a 3rd round pick that should have been a back up to begin with. I think he's got some talent but I'm not gonna say that he'll be a probowler just yet. I hope he'll be as good as you guys are saying but I'll wait on that one.

Ozzy rules!!

Hmmmmmm...........that's interesting. His salary was to be $305,000. Maybe he means his cap number? NFLPA does not have an increase in salary listed as of this morning but have already adjusted RW's.

Originally posted by Danny
Well, I'm not sold on him just yet. He had those 2 horrible games and had a couple of pretty good ones but had a lot of average games. I wonder if with more weight he'll be slower. I didn't expect too much out of a 3rd round pick that should have been a back up to begin with. I think he's got some talent but I'm not gonna say that he'll be a probowler just yet. I hope he'll be as good as you guys are saying but I'll wait on that one.

Ozzy rules!!

yeah but the thing about that is that was the learning curve. at least he has learned the hard way that some DE's are greater than others. Next time he will be more prepared and bigger and just as quick. He will become a pro next year. Pro bowler will be tough to imagine with the competition.

I am with-holding judgement. Not because I do not think he has the potential to be a pro-bowler, but because I remember saying the same thing about Todd Wade. It seems Todd Wade has declined every year he has been here. I just HOPE the same does not happen with Smith.

Matt Light of the Patriots started 19 games a a rookie. :D

Back
Top Bottom