Smith to FS? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith to FS?

Sean Smith played FS on a lot of plays in our hybrid defenses at times in 2010 as a rookie. He did well there too. Id like to keep him at corner tho.

Leave Smith at Cb.. Put Wilson at FS with Jones at SS. Sign more depth for the cb position, there are some good FA Cbs. If they don't want to go that way try drafting one mid round.

Reshad Jones really isn't very good. If we cut Bell, like many are saying, we will probably need 2 safeties. I think Wilson could be one, but we would have to find someone strong for the other spot.

Sean Smith is about as big of a wuss as they come. He plays like a scared little girl. He has no fricken business being a safety and can't tackle or hit anyone.

Jimmy Wilson cracks heads. Would love to see him at FS.

who would have ever thought a 7th round pick would be getting shown respect from fans and wanting him to start in the secondary his 2nd year, gota give some props to Jeff Ireland

In case you guys missed it, Sean Smith already played safety at times in Mike Nolan's defense, especially the second half of the 2010 season.

Smith can cover. His weakness is making plays and tackling......keep him at CB. I agree with Wilson, but also like him as nickel corner. I think people are forgetting about Chris Clemons. He had injury this year but previously he was a decent FS. If Coyle can do to Clemons what he has done to Reggie Nelson, I would be happy with Clemons and Jones at FS & SS.

who would have ever thought a 7th round pick would be getting shown respect from fans and wanting him to start in the secondary his 2nd year, gota give some props to Jeff Ireland
It goes the other way as well though. If fans are clamoring for a 7th round pick to start in his second year, it also means Ireland has missed on Jones and Clemons both of which were picked before the 7th round.

SS can't tackle or catch, so he'd basically be back there to get in the way.

I don't think he'd be a good fit at FS. He is not a physical player by any means.

It goes the other way as well though. If fans are clamoring for a 7th round pick to start in his second year, it also means Ireland has missed on Jones and Clemons both of which were picked before the 7th round.

You cant hit on every player and have a star at evety poition, Jones was a 5th round pick playing out of position, CClemons had shown some promise, due to injuries and the coaching stuff being morons switching everyone each wweek nobody got a chance to get comfortable, hopefully Coyle can fix it

Sean Smith needs to devote more time to learning how to tackle and play physical instead of sending out tweets that make him sound like he's a woman.

honestly i wouldn't mind keeping smith at CB and drafting or signing another starting cb to move smith to the nickel. i don't think smith is garbage but i def think we can upgrade on him, and you spend so much time in the nickel these days smith would still be plenty useful if we got a top corner. i do agree wilson could make a good safety.

Back
Top Bottom