SNF Patriots vs Ravens | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SNF Patriots vs Ravens

Brady sucks when pressured and has to throw over 10 yds...No accuracy at all as has been true for many years now
Priceless seeing the goof Edleman fumble the game
Should have been a total blowout without the Ravens coughing up ball twice
Yes when pressured he just lobs it up there like on the INT he threw. And has been that way as you say, for about 4-5 years now. I love the way Jon Harbaugh coaches his teams. They are always physical and competitive.

The key to beating the Patriots is to play smash mouth football And pressure Brady. A simple formula, but not easily replicated.

In a league where strong safety size LBs and light pass rushing DEs are now the norm, I would love to see us build an power running offense that dominates Ds like the Ravens did to the Pats last night. Get a QB that can make some chunk plays and avoid TOs...

God, I loved watching the Pat's D get gashed and the announcers having to take occasional breaks from performing verbal prison love for Belichick, Brady, Edelman and the rest of the Pats. How can Edelman be one of the toughest receivers ever when he plays in an era that he basically cant be hit when he goes across the middle..dumb comment from Collinsworth when you think about what the punishment that receivers had to take back in his era...

In a league where strong safety size LBs and light pass rushing DEs are now the norm, I would love to see us build an power running offense that dominates Ds like the Ravens did to the Pats last night. Get a QB that can make some chunk plays and avoid TOs...

God, I loved watching the Pat's D get gashed and the announcers having to take occasional breaks from performing verbal prison love for Belichick, Brady, Edelman and the rest of the Pats. How can Edelman be one of the toughest receivers ever when he plays in an era that he basically cant be hit when he goes across the middle..dumb comment from Collinsworth when you think about what the punishment that receivers had to take back in his era...

It's called HYPE and oodles of BS man!

For those of us old enough to know the difference it's extremely obvious!

:lol:

I think they just have to hype crap up for the masses watching. Collinsworth is a smart guy and you’re right - he played in a tougher era - and was awesome. I have to imagine he’s doing what the producers want him to do.

As for Michaels - I’ll say this - he’s been pretty vocal during broadcasts whenever there are a lot of flags. The sarcastic “what else is new” comments - these guys get it. They know it’s not good for the game.

The Patriots are masters at running the clear pick plays and it's never called!
Kraft would agree with you right now but he's "relaxi
Yes when pressured he just lobs it up there like on the INT he threw. And has been that way as you say, for about 4-5 years now. I love the way Jon Harbaugh coaches his teams. They are always physical and competitive.
Jon H is one of my fav coaches...his brother thou scares me...

The key to beating the Patriots is to play smash mouth football And pressure Brady. A simple formula, but not easily replicated.

Yet, team after team, want to sit back in zones and "hope" the Patriots mess up!

Hell no..send the heat!

Yet, team after team, want to sit back in zones and "hope" the Patriots mess up!

Hell no..send the heat!

Agree completely. Teams are too afraid of the big play so they play too safe. Is death by a thousand cuts any better? I say no. Teams game plan scared, and the loss is set before the first snap. I'd rather risk it and apply as much pressure as possible.

Agree completely. Teams are too afraid of the big play so they play too safe. Is death by a thousand cuts any better? I say no. Teams game plan scared, and the loss is set before the first snap. I'd rather risk it and apply as much pressure as possible.

You’re likely going to get you butt kicked anyway. So why not make Brady pay for those throws? It won’t take long before he just start chucking the ball and getting those intentional grounding call.

Chris Collinsworth is such a Patriots fan
He accidentally broadcast it at least once Sunday night when he said something to the effect that, "This would be very bad", if it happened. It would have been bad for the cheatriots, but good for the Ravens, but his fandom for the cheats showed up in that moment with his phrasing. He may have done it otehr times but I had the volume turned down for a fair part of the game because of CC. Used to have to do it with Dan Dierdorff as well.

Anyway, any level of Collinsworth's pom pomming for them didn't help so it was a great night.:hclap:

Brady sucks when pressured and has to throw over 10 yds...No accuracy at all as has been true for many years now
Priceless seeing the goof Edleman fumble the game
Should have been a total blowout without the Ravens coughing up ball twice
Yes, the Giants put that blueprint out in the 2008 SB and again a few years later. Although they were good at getting pressure with a 4 man rush.

About 7 years ago (or so) I remember reading that he was the worst or second worst starting QB in the league under pressure. Or he had the biggest drop off. Something to that effect. I was surprised to hear Collinsworth say that he was the best in recent years. Sounded a little general with the phrase "recent years", which makes me wonder if he just made that up. Doesn't Collinsworth partly own PFF? You'd think he would know.
Edit: Nope, I looked it up and brady was still only 24th among starters last year under pressure. He improved from last place earlier in the year but still it sounds made up, giving me just another reason to mute the TV when Cris Collinsowrthless is busy wetting brady's nuts or talking in general.

Last edited:
Giving everyone a blueprint doesn't mean everyone can execute that blueprint. Fact of the matter is most teams won't be able to do what the Ravens did.

I see MAYBE two teams that might be able to beat the Pats for the rest of the regular season. Sadly both those games are in New England and we all know how well thr Pats are protected at home.
Like Tomlin said, on top of everything else, if it's a close game the communications headsets will become impossible to hear or go out completely in a key second half drive. Usually late in the third or 4th he said.

Yes, the Giants put that blueprint out in the 2008 SB and again a few years later. Although they were good at getting pressure with a 4 man rush.

About 7 years ago (or so) I remember reading that he was the worst or second worst starting QB in the league under pressure. Or he had the biggest drop off. Something to that effect. I was surprised to hear Collinsworth say that he was the best in recent years. Sounded a little general with the phrase "recent years", which makes me wonder if he just made that up. Doesn't Collinsworth partly own PFF? You'd think he would know.
Edit: Nope, I looked it up and brady was still only 24th among starters last year under pressure. He improved from last place earlier in the year but still it sounds made up, giving me just another reason to mute the TV when Cris Collinsowrthless is busy wetting brady's nuts or talking in general.

Falcons did for a 1/2 then went back to same old same old

Back
Top Bottom