So called draft experts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So called draft experts

Just curious did you even take a look at the web page? Rivers
is no David Klingler, Klingler wish he had Rivers stats, Arm, and
Quick release. We are all Fin fans let's just hope we have a
great draft!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Noland
Either way this guy could throw a basketball. He may not can run the 40 in 4.5 40 vertical leap Marino could'ny either and he brok all kinds of records.

I dont understand the whole east coast got to see this guy throw and play they know how good he is now he is at the senior bowl and all of a sudden he cant throw accurate over 10 yards that is BS.

NFL scouts are saying it not me. They know better than both of us. He's already no longer a first rounder according to the Giants & Cowboys.

It's amazing how the things I said were wrong with him to begin with are now starting to be uttered by scouts & draft experts.

Gotta call you on that one bro....while back when we first started talking about Rivers on the ESPN board (when I went to that mock draft and picked Rivers at 20) you said he had a noodle arm.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
It's amazing how the things I said were wrong with him to begin with are now starting to be uttered by scouts & draft experts.

Gotta call you on that one bro....while back when we first started talking about Rivers on the ESPN board (when I went to that mock draft and picked Rivers at 20) you said he had a noodle arm.

It's not quite noodle, it's more like fettuccine :) He doesn't have the strongest arm. It may be above average, adequate, & better than Fiedler's but it's definitely not one of his strong points.

You don't even know who the hell Klingler is.

Played college ball for houston and was a first round draft pick for
the Bungles. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL scouts are full of it to they may not think that he is a 1st rounder but if he is there in the 2nd round I bet they will grab him. NFL scouts dont like him because of his mechanics. I believe he will prove them wrong. I believe that the dolphins really want to draft a qb in the first round so that would be Losman or Rivers I believe Losman aint a 1st rounder.

NFL scouts are full of it to they may not think that he is a 1st rounder but if he is there in the 2nd round I bet they will grab him. NFL scouts dont like him because of his mechanics. I believe he will prove them wrong. I believe that the dolphins really want to draft a qb in the first round so that would be Losman or Rivers I believe Losman aint a 1st rounder.

Hell I'd take Rivers in 2nd round. My point all along has been that he's not a first rounder & we better not reach to take him 20th overall.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

I believe I'd rather have Kosar in his prime rather than Fiedler in his prime, but ya....he didn't have a GUN per se, but you don't NEED a gun...accuracy, timing, intelligence....all day long.

Dan used to say " you can either throw it, or you cant." i think dan found he could throw it.

Originally posted by SMadison29

Hell I'd take Rivers in 2nd round. My point all along has been that he's not a first rounder & we better not reach to take him 20th overall.

Cussssssssssss madison wants.....................u guessed it! A WR!
woooohooooooooo! forget Oline, we can get some scrubbs in the 7th round for that!:lol:

It's not quite noodle, it's more like fettuccine :) He doesn't have the strongest arm. It may be above average, adequate, & better than Fiedler's but it's definitely not one of his strong points.

Gotta give ya that...still I don't think that's enough to discount him. He's got too many other solid abilities and intangibles. The way the guy carries himself says alot to me is all.

That said I wouldn't mind him OR Losman, and I think they're both 1st round capable. Of course that's relative to how many teams feel they need a young QB.

Rivers breaks records for NCAA and breaks alot of Wolfpack records. One of the best passer's and best decision makers I have ever seen and he has'nt earned a first round pick. This guy is the right size all around for the NFL. Teams a draft skinny qb like Joey Harrington and Tim Couch which I like both players no disrespect but to me besides his mechanics which I dont care about his mechanics if he can get it done. I believe is better than both of those QB's atleast Tim Couch.

I like his attitude and how tough he is and how he don't get rattled very easy.

NFL scouts are saying it not me. They know better than both of us. He's already no longer a first rounder according to the Giants & Cowboys.

hey madison, have you ever been set up and knocked down before? Did you ever think for a minute that they might be saying that so that he doesnt get drafted until they draft in the second round? QB's are the most needed commodity.

Yea, it's like i said before, so much of what is said now is just mindgames. everyone has their real list and rankings which they keep internal and then what they tell the public. Why do you think guys like Kiper get so many picks wrong even on draft day despite knowing the college game better than most and talking to all the GMs ahead of time. Can't buy too much into the talk, it's fun to speculate, but with draft day trades and free agency, everything is so far from being determined.

Rivers breaks records for NCAA and breaks alot of Wolfpack records. One of the best passer's and best decision makers I have ever seen and he has'nt earned a first round pick. This guy is the right size all around for the NFL. Teams a draft skinny qb like Joey Harrington and Tim Couch which I like both players no disrespect but to me besides his mechanics which I dont care about his mechanics if he can get it done. I believe is better than both of those QB's atleast Tim Couch.

I like his attitude and how tough he is and how he don't get rattled very easy.

thats it for me too. I love the Arm thang all day long. having an arm isnt really in question. if you didnt have an arm, you wouldnt be rated this high already. the thing is to be accurate, hit WR's in stride, read defenses, and "feel" the pressure and have the instincts. To have leadership skills. To be teachable to the ways of the NFL. I dont see much that this kid is missing in those reguards so far. I think everyone should sit back and watch him this weekend and then judge for yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom