So called draft experts | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So called draft experts

NC State fan here...... I came here to see what was being said about Philip and it looks like you guys have mixed emotions. Forget Philip's mechanics........no QB can have any kind of throwing motion and gets passes above the defensive lineman's outstretched arms......any QB needs passing lanes. You get your linemen to give them to Philip and your receivers to run good routes, they will be hit in the hands with passes. Can the guy start for a NFL team? He could start for them tomorrow. Whatever team choses him will get a winner and a leader. He reminds me of PEYTON Manning. The guy can run an offense. He was born to play QB; he got his awkward passing motion from throwing regulation footballs at his father's high practices when he was 3. No one has been stupid enough to change it and no one should now. I'm hoping you'll choose him, because I want to see him in warm weather and on grass but he'll get it done anywhere. Don't take him and my feeling is that you'll wish you had. .........On a side note, I don't know what his father's plans are but I'm guessing he'll be flying to watch Philip play and he may move to Philip's team's city? I hope the Athens, AL native stays in Raleigh and goes to the games from there. He's currently the head coach at Wakefield High and is the new high school's only head football coach so far (4 years and 4 years of improvement). I'm a country boy and I played football, basketball and baseball with Wakefield's AD. If Steve does move and it's to Miami, he'd make a great head coach at one of the Dade, Broward or Palm Beach County schools.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
Yea, it's like i said before, so much of what is said now is just mindgames. everyone has their real list and rankings which they keep internal and then what they tell the public. Why do you think guys like Kiper get so many picks wrong even on draft day despite knowing the college game better than most and talking to all the GMs ahead of time. Can't buy too much into the talk, it's fun to speculate, but with draft day trades and free agency, everything is so far from being determined.

And THAT'S.....the rest....of the story :D

ciscopack I am a Tarheel fan an I live in North Carolina I tell you your exactly right. There were'nt a saturday that I did'nt say I wished he played for the tarheels esspecialy when he played us as bad as the rivalries are Rivers was and is my favorite player an I always pulled for him to do well.

More Rivers bashing from NFL scouts.

After one pass, an NFC scout stated Rivers "from-the-ear" delivery is so bad there's no need to send pass rushers against him, rather just have linemen extend their hands skyward to bat away the ball. A rival scout shot back and likened Rivers throwing motion to the golf swing of Chi-Chi Rodriguez stating, "you may not like the process, but it's the end result that matters," referring to the signal callers high completion percentage.

Originally posted by SMadison29
More Rivers bashing from NFL scouts.

After one pass, an NFC scout stated Rivers "from-the-ear" delivery is so bad there's no need to send pass rushers against him, rather just have linemen extend their hands skyward to bat away the ball. A rival scout shot back and likened Rivers throwing motion to the golf swing of Chi-Chi Rodriguez stating, "you may not like the process, but it's the end result that matters," referring to the signal callers high completion percentage.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....there's such a wide variety of opinion from all of these "experts" you can't count on jack....good or bad. If he's been dead accurate up to medium range, how can the guy say that about blocking passes? Doesn't add up.

Originally posted by SMadison29

With exception to Kosar, who wasn't very good anyway, Marino, Favre, & Vick have VERY VERY strong arms. Rivers doesn't.

How would you know anything about Kosar....you were born in 1982.....you could not even wipe your own a$$ when he was taking the Browns to the AFC championship games.

I can't wait until after this draft so all this can be thrown back in your face......all you want to do is argue and your ideas are very comical. :lol:

LMFAO Carolina fan..........

I remember Kosar well.....both at Cleveland and as a cane. I'd take him in a NY minute over JF. Can you imagine a young Bernie Kosar w/ this pins defense?

So...if Rivers is like Bernie...bring him on baby!...I smell the SB!

Originally posted by Carolina_Dolfan

How would you know anything about Kosar....you were born in 1982.....you could not even wipe your own a$$ when he was taking the Browns to the AFC championship games.

I can't wait until after this draft so all this can be thrown back in your face......all you want to do is argue and your ideas are very comical. :lol:

What does age have to do with anything. Sure I never watched him while he was on the Hurricanes but I did watch him while he was on the Browns. I seen him play in the 1989 AFC Championship vs the Broncos(actually the first game I ever watched followed by the Niners v Rams game), I saw him lose his job to Vinny, & oh yeah I saw him play for the Dolphins. Plus these days they have a program called ESPN Classic. He only had 4 decent to good years.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/KosaBe00.htm

I have followed the draft very very closely the past four years. Sure things come back on you but some don't. The biggest argument last year was about McGahee & Larry Johnson & I was right about McGahee being a first rounder, Larry Johnson not being a top 25 pick nor being very good(though the teams weren't who I expected).

Final practice analysis of Rivers, again TFY:

Thursday: Looked a bit slow getting the ball out of his hands on the three-step drop or quick pass.

Analysis: Will only be effective in a very few schemes and though he has his limitations it is easy to see why those teams would like him. Had a solid week, there are still plenty of questions that need to be answered.

Back
Top Bottom