So.... Free Agency is Happening Right ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So.... Free Agency is Happening Right ?

cuzinvinny

Active Roster
Reaction score
Any ideas and views, cause its actually a topic which brings a real interest and curiosity to this forum and getting a hint of your views in a time thats also actually happening right now.
Been trying to get into the latest doz. and a half topics but find either over expressed, the Tua 1000th spiel or topics of little to no concern for me. But thats just me and I'm not inferring people to bring more thought provoking topics because damn I used to spend way to much time in here.
Free agency IS Happening Now....seems our top needs DL, RB, WR....

Taking the WR stance, like John Ross (bengals) looks interesting and probably very reasonable (price wise). Flip over Thomas (N.O.) but cost just to much...and now reliability a concern

So what you all think we should do this week in a pickup or not ?

Not sure the 2021 F/A period is going to be anything like we've become accustomed to. With the cap expected to be around $175m lots of teams are going to need to cut bait. There is going to be a free for all with players getting cut.

Unless the NFL comes up with another solution to keep the cap at status quo, its going be much different then in years past.

Miami may just try to resign its own and potentially 1 or 2 F/A. No one knows what's actually going to happen. With the roll over Miami is expected to have around $30m. And that's peanuts when compared to the 2 or 3 teams that will have $60m plus.

I've been arguing... (and yes, I know... some of you are tired of hearing it, so bear with me) that we should not.

If, as advertised, the salary cap drops by 20 million or so next year... there are a dozen teams who will be in serious trouble. Players will be released both right and left, and teams with cap space will be in a buyer's market. Sure... if the RIGHT player was available (read: cheap and under contract), we could make a move, but the LAST thing that I am going to do right now is bring in an expensive player or a one year rental.

BTW... the Jesters will be in same position next year that we were in this year. Tons of cap space and needs everywhere. They should be next year's biggest player.

Ya agree that holding on to our assets till 2021 is the solid approach.
But.... but if the right player was available at the right price a move or two is completely understandable IMO. Not sayin get the Michael Thomas's at huge sacrifice but rather the player of need who would fit in with going into the 2021 season affordably...
Think we do have an opportunity and Grier and Flores might agree and has a guy in focus. It does bring some added excitement to this period when 95% of talk is rehashing Tua thoughts...

Think John Ross could be one of those fits or even a available DL.....JMO...but do clearly see your point and also can easily agree...

I'd think more teams will try to follow Miami and Jacksonville models, by obtaining loads of draft capital to offset the lower cap.

Curious
So many in here think that the FO isn't going to do anything ?????

We've already looked at DL and infact heard we even inquired about DL Quinnen Williams young but significant sacrifice and a very long shot..
Hey they may not do anything but its more interesting speculating on the possibilities of what they could actual do, for it would not be stretching reality much at all..
IMO they are getting atleast one guy this week..

It's too bad Albert Wilson can't opt back in, or Jennings. I'll bet they wish they could. We definitely need another WR, hopefully a durable one. Maybe John Ross, the burner from the Bengals can be had. Michael Thomas would be the best possible guy but it won't happen. I'm again concerned about Parker's injuries.

I am all for Miami letting the first wave of free agent signings pass on by where players generally get overpaid.

Miami is in better shape than most teams and can add a couple of nice players for a reasonable price to go along with two #1s and two #2s.

I think Grier and Flo have done a good job of constructing this team so far, no need to act desperately in free agency next year.

Any ideas and views, cause its actually a topic which brings a real interest and curiosity to this forum and getting a hint of your views in a time thats also actually happening right now.
Been trying to get into the latest doz. and a half topics but find either over expressed, the Tua 1000th spiel or topics of little to no concern for me. But thats just me and I'm not inferring people to bring more thought provoking topics because damn I used to spend way to much time in here.
Free agency IS Happening Now....seems our top needs DL, RB, WR....

Taking the WR stance, like John Ross (bengals) looks interesting and probably very reasonable (price wise). Flip over Thomas (N.O.) but cost just to much...and now reliability a concern

So what you all think we should do this week in a pickup or not ?

I thik some hints can be seen in the players brought in for try-outs so far. It also depends on where MIA/HOU picks and who Flo/Grier think will be available. I don't foresee many FA signings, particularly if more of the youngsters develop

Not sure the 2021 F/A period is going to be anything like we've become accustomed to. With the cap expected to be around $175m lots of teams are going to need to cut bait. There is going to be a free for all with players getting cut.

Unless the NFL comes up with another solution to keep the cap at status quo, its going be much different then in years past.

Miami may just try to resign its own and potentially 1 or 2 F/A. No one knows what's actually going to happen. With the roll over Miami is expected to have around $30m. And that's peanuts when compared to the 2 or 3 teams that will have $60m plus.
I would extend Ogbah and Karras. I believe Ogbah is a two-year deal. Karras is signed for one year.

If Miami could get a running back for a low round pick, like 6th, I would explore that if it's the right kind of player. Maybe a typical player for player trade.

I thik some hints can be seen in the players brought in for try-outs so far. It also depends on where MIA/HOU picks and who Flo/Grier think will be available. I don't foresee many FA signings, particularly if more of the youngsters develop

Ya, looks like they are wanting a DL, and not difficult to see the need. Not that they are doing it, because the cost are pushing IMO beyond their limits. But I do see at minimum a serious effort to possibly get a Q. Williams but from the Jets makes it even more difficult. But can see him at his talent level and so young being of significant interest for years, especially thinking that Godchaux will be gone next year....

I would extend Ogbah and Karras. I believe Ogbah is a two-year deal. Karras is signed for one year.

If Miami could get a running back for a low round pick, like 6th, I would explore that if it's the right kind of player. Maybe a typical player for player trade.
I posed the TK extension a couple weeks ago. I believe we should already be talking to his agent.
Og too. What an impact he's had so far. And I'm betting he only gets better.

Also, I might explore the cost for Harrison Smith. That said, it looks like a pretty good draft for safety.

I think hanging onto draft picks is the best approach. Miami finally seems to have the right plan.

Back
Top Bottom