So I went to patriots practice today...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So I went to patriots practice today......

PatsSuck456 said:
He's a good safety, but Christ the guy tries to take people's heads off! I think he is on some kind of steroid, or he's insane.
Oh big deal if he hits hard. Are you guys going to cry about it? I could possibly name a few Patriots who hit harder than him CURRENTLY in the secondary. Safety Eugene Wilson and Asante Samuel blast people down. For example the game when the Colts complained about all the "Illegal Hits" that werent illegal. I can recall Wilson made a big majority of them.

PatsSuck456 said:
He's a good safety, but Christ the guy tries to take people's heads off! I think he is on some kind of steroid, or he's insane.

I think Harrison subscribes to a different school of thought. You could perhaps compare him to say Butkis or a Ronny Lott. Those players wanted you to know who hit you without having to get up and look. I also think his physical style of play fits in with both the pats defensive philosophy and his SS position. When ever a receiver goes over the middle for a pass you knock the sh$t out of him. It breaks his concentration and next time he'll spend more time looking for Harrison than he does the ball. That is part of the defensive game plan and most if not all teams use it. Maybe its just that Harrison does it better than most.

MR NFLFAN said:
I think Harrison subscribes to a different school of thought. You could perhaps compare him to say Butkis or a Ronny Lott. Those players wanted you to know who hit you without having to get up and look. I also think his physical style of play fits in with both the pats defensive philosophy and his SS position. When ever a receiver goes over the middle for a pass you knock the sh$t out of him. It breaks his concentration and next time he'll spend more time looking for Harrison than he does the ball. That is part of the defensive game plan and most if not all teams use it. Maybe its just that Harrison does it better than most.

I really hope your not comparing Harrison to Ronnie Lott, there is no comparison Lott is the best safety of all-time. Belichick will have to give the job to Maroney because Dillon is worn down and will wear down fast this year.

I dunno about that. Have you been to more than just the 1 practice? Maroney does look great so far, but Dillon is still the big dog in this yard. Maroney will grant CD some breaks and may even get a start here and there, but I'd expect CD to be getting the majority of the carries.

Despite what you might believe based on 1 practice, CD has shown flashes of his 2004 self. He is injury free, motivated, and in incredible shape. Either way, the Pats have what looks to be the most solid 1-2 RB combo in the East. BUT, only time will tell.

Brown42000 said:
I really hope your not comparing Harrison to Ronnie Lott, there is no comparison Lott is the best safety of all-time. Belichick will have to give the job to Maroney because Dillon is worn down and will wear down fast this year.

Still obsessed with the Dillon/Maroney thing I see. I mean you spent almost a whole day at TC so that should make you an expert. You can believe whatever makes you feel good. I expect to see both of these guys carry the ball along with Faulk who's is a decent 3rd down back and good receiver out of the back field. I'd say thats some pretty decent depth at RB. I wonder what Ronnie Brown is going to look like trying to be the every down back? I have a feeling by mid season he's going to start looking a little "worn down" himself seeing he's not known for a lot of carries per game. With the likelyhood of injuries being part of the game I hope you go someone half way decent behind him? If not it could be a very disappointing season.

Anyway I wasn't comparing Harrison to anyone. I was trying to see if you understand the concept and attitude of the SS position and the reason for the hard hitting. I can see now that clearly you don't. :shakeno:

Brown42000 said:
I went to all of the first morning practice and about half of the afternoon session and then decided to leave, couldn't really get a good idea of how good the offense was because everybody was in shorts unlike the morning session.

He didn't attend a whole practice but he was there for 3/4 of one.

Brown42000 said:
:sidelol:

Honestly what do you know about the Patriots? Go back and pay attention to whoever your favorite team is. BB has said Dillons the guy this year. No way Maroney takes over unless a season ending injury. Many reports say Dillon has looked very up to speed and breaking tackles all over the place. This comes from a Pats hating Boston media as well.

Dont make any comparisons? Hello, Rodney Harrison IS one of the greatest safeties of all time. Cry about his cheap shots his statistics speak for itself.

He is definitley in the top ten for most tackles recorded by a safety with 1100 at least. In 2003 and 2004 he led all defensive backs in tackles. 2004, 138 of them. 104 passes deflected, 31 INT's, 13 forced fumbles and the most sacks ever by a defensive back I believe certainly in the top 5 with 27.5 of them. Dont tell me he isnt close to the top safeties of all time. Hes a leader, made an injury depleted secondary in the top 7 in 2004. He doesnt get credit, doesnt even get a pro bowl after 138 tackle season with 3 sacks and 2 INT's...he is in the top 10 all time safeties no doubt.

ThePats said:
:sidelol:

Honestly what do you know about the Patriots? Go back and pay attention to whoever your favorite team is. BB has said Dillons the guy this year. No way Maroney takes over unless a season ending injury. Many reports say Dillon has looked very up to speed and breaking tackles all over the place. This comes from a Pats hating Boston media as well.

Dont make any comparisons? Hello, Rodney Harrison IS one of the greatest safeties of all time. Cry about his cheap shots his statistics speak for itself.

He is definitley in the top ten for most tackles recorded by a safety with 1100 at least. In 2003 and 2004 he led all defensive backs in tackles. 2004, 138 of them. 104 passes deflected, 31 INT's, 13 forced fumbles and the most sacks ever by a defensive back I believe certainly in the top 5 with 27.5 of them. Dont tell me he isnt close to the top safeties of all time. Hes a leader, made an injury depleted secondary in the top 7 in 2004. He doesnt get credit, doesnt even get a pro bowl after 138 tackle season with 3 sacks and 2 INT's...he is in the top 10 all time safeties no doubt.

Rodney Harrison is not one best safeties of all time and he isn't the best safety in the league right now, your a dumba$$ to say he is one of the best safeties of all time. I know the Patriots very well I live in New England and Patriot fans are all around me and all of them including the media always think they are going to win and they are the only team where they can choose a 3rd string quarterback and have it be a good pick.If anything the Boston media is most unrealistic.

Brown42000 said:
Rodney Harrison is not one best safeties of all time and he isn't the best safety in the league right now, your a dumba$$ to say he is one of the best safeties of all time. I know the Patriots very well I live in New England and Patriot fans are all around me and all of them including the media always think they are going to win and they are the only team where they can choose a 3rd string quarterback and have it be a good pick.If anything the Boston media is most unrealistic.
You obviously do not live in New England if you think the media here says the Pats will win, they are incredibly negative of the Pats, especially the Boston Globe and Boston Herald, the two biggest Newspapers in Massachusetts. He doesnt have to be the best in the league when hes in his 30's and after tearing 3 ACL Ligaments, his entire career he is one of the top 10 safeties of all time. But ofcourse you're completely biased and ignorantly deny it.

I dont know if you've ever read these peoples articles or seen them on TV but perhaps Ron Borges, Michael Felger, John Tomase. All the top Patriots sports writers and all of them HATE the Patriots.

ThePats said:
Oh big deal if he hits hard. Are you guys going to cry about it? I could possibly name a few Patriots who hit harder than him CURRENTLY in the secondary. Safety Eugene Wilson and Asante Samuel blast people down. For example the game when the Colts complained about all the "Illegal Hits" that werent illegal. I can recall Wilson made a big majority of them.

Its not that he hits hard its that he hits cheap IMO

Alex44 said:
Thats kinda how I see it....Harrison will put his helmet into the small of a wrs back to try and do some damage instead of a shoulder and driving them into the ground ..a good solid hard tackle he will get in his "cheap" licks but they are legal.

Alex44 said:

I always thought that Ronnie Lott Hit cheap too. It's all perception when a receiver has his back to the safety or he has to leave the ground to make a catch he's going to get hit most likey a blind side or from behind hit. Those shots always look like a cheap shot but they aren't. That is the price you pay for being a slot receiver and the hits are the message sent by the safety that the receiver had better not forget about him because if he does he will pay. Alex this is professional football not girls field hockey

MR NFLFAN said:
I always thought that Ronnie Lott Hit cheap too. It's all perception when a receiver has his back to the safety or he has to leave the ground to make a catch he's going to get hit most likey a blind side or from behind hit. Those shots always look like a cheap shot but they aren't. That is the price you pay for being a slot receiver and the hits are the message sent by the safety that the receiver had better not forget about him because if he does he will pay. Alex this is professional football not girls field hockey

I dont care if the reciever has the ball, Ive taken my share of those shots playing football and they dont bother me. Its the hits on a 'defenseless' WR who isnt going to catch the ball and you level him, or helmet to helmet hits where you launch your head at the guy. THOSE are cheap hits

Alex44 said:
I dont care if the reciever has the ball, Ive taken my share of those shots playing football and they dont bother me. Its the hits on a 'defenseless' WR who isnt going to catch the ball and you level him, or helmet to helmet hits where you launch your head at the guy. THOSE are cheap hits
Cheap? They were legal. I remember Reggie Wayne leapt up to catch a pass that sailed over his head and Eugene Wilson decked him. Supposedly thats cheap but its roughing up the reciever. Maybe some recievers are just sissies and cant take hits. Either way Harrison has taken advantage of his "cheap hits" and now some recievers are afraid to catch the ball near him.

Alex44 said:

I also can't stand players involved in cheap shots, you see them every so often. A td interception will occur, some o-line player will be running half speed towards the end zone, and a dip**** player like Warren Sapp blind sides them. :tantrum:I dont mind in-air hits that Harrison delivers, but I feel like ripping the head off others.

Back
Top Bottom