So if Tua opted out ??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So if Tua opted out ???

Just my opinion on him if what I have seen, but...

If Tua opted out, I would be surprised, disappointed, and shocked...That is not who he has portrayed himself to be.

If he did it because of the Family excuse, that would not hold water, because Tua's Father is not of that type of thinking, and would be the 1st to be in Tua's ear about that decision.

Tua is a warrior, who wants to succeed in football, and is the type when he wins his 1st SB (Yes, I said when, and not if) Tua will then only care of #2, that type of mindset will not consider sitting out a season...to him it would be as bad as quiting on his team.

You should say if or you are going to look like an idiot if Tua never wins a Superbowl with our Dolphins

Those two points seem to contradict each other...

I did not say that it would be all good or all bad.

Contractually it would be good for the team, but it would not be good for Tua's development.

But I would still call it a net positive because they would be getting what amounts to an extra year of Tua as a starter.

Assuming all goes well.

The Miami Hurricane’s best defensive player and a likely top 5 pick in next years drafted opted out of playing this year. So anything is possible.

You should say if or you are going to look like an idiot if Tua never wins a Superbowl with our Dolphins

If ones opinion is so extreme to one certain direction, which mine is with the way the Dolphins roster is starting to look, better to possibly be an idiot for believing in something, then a coward, not believing in anything, or to afraid to be wrong.

Besides if your thoughts are Miami's future is possibly so grim, or average, does this mean you will not be watching any Dolphins games?

Last edited:
The Miami Hurricane’s best defensive player and a likely top 5 pick in next years drafted opted out of playing this year. So anything is possible.
I can actually understand a player slated to be a top pick opting out.

He risks injury, or a bad season, which would make his stock drop.

Everything to lose, and not much to gain. That could be a business decision, rather than one of health.

I can actually understand a player slated to be a top pick opting out.

He risks injury, or a bad season, which would make his stock drop.

Everything to lose, and not much to gain. That could be a business decision, rather than one of health.
His mother is a health care worker and it appears that is the reason he decided to opt out. I don’t know if he was afraid he would expose her to the virus if he played this season. I do agree that it is a smart move on his part to opt out because I really don’t see it affecting his draft status.

In fact if he ends up going lower because he doesn’t play this season. That would make it easier for the Dolphins to draft him. I think he is the best DE in the draft, even if he doesn‘t play this year.

Back
Top Bottom