So if we still had Sparano would we be looking at Tebow instead of Tannehill? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So if we still had Sparano would we be looking at Tebow instead of Tannehill?

Our 2012 starting QB for Tony would have been CHAD HENNE!!:confused:

I find it a tad scary that we exchanged one former OL coach for another one.

I'm much rather have a former OC as a new HC.

Also, Philbin has said that he will have nothing to do with Tannehill's development and oddly, we have no QB coach, but we do have a assit QB coach. Does that make Mike Sherman the QB coach also?

P.S. as a Gator who is having to deal with Tim Tebow being a JET, i beg everyone to place making Tebow (and Sanchez) threads.

Well we no longer have Sparano, thank goodness, so I guess all this is a moot point. Moving on..........

I find it a tad scary that we exchanged one former OL coach for another one.

I'm much rather have a former OC as a new HC.

Also, Philbin has said that he will have nothing to do with Tannehill's development and oddly, we have no QB coach, but we do have a assit QB coach. Does that make Mike Sherman the QB coach also?

P.S. as a Gator who is having to deal with Tim Tebow being a JET, i beg everyone to place making Tebow (and Sanchez) threads.

I dunno where you come up with that unless you are inferring that Cam was an OL coach before The Meatball. While Philbin didn't call the plays, McCarthy was actually calling Philbin's designed plays for Philbin's selected and developed offensive players. Hell, soon after the hire, Aaron Rodgers was quoted as crediting much of his professional and personal development directly to Philbin. Regardless of what you want to infer incorrectly about Philbin, I think we can all agree that what most separates him from the Meatball is about 50 IQ points!

As far as Teblow on the jest? I think when you consider that their most accurate passer is the 3rd stringer or maybe their future QB who they signed as an UFA in GJ Kinne, then as a Fins fan you should be rejoicing.

I dunno where you come up with that unless you are inferring that Cam was an OL coach before The Meatball. While Philbin didn't call the plays, McCarthy was actually calling Philbin's designed plays for Philbin's selected and developed offensive players. Hell, soon after the hire, Aaron Rodgers was quoted as crediting much of his professional and personal development directly to Philbin. Regardless of what you want to infer incorrectly about Philbin, I think we can all agree that what most separates him from the Meatball is about 50 IQ points!

As far as Teblow on the jest? I think when you consider that their most accurate passer is the 3rd stringer or maybe their future QB who they signed as an UFA in GJ Kinne, then as a Fins fan you should be rejoicing.

For some reason I was thinking that Philbin was the Packer's OL coach. Must be the heat.....

And I'd never be happy seeing Tebow as a Jet.

If we had Sparano chances are we'd have Andrew Luck. I don't know what happened but Tony was driving this team into the toilet at Mach 3.

For some reason I was thinking that Philbin was the Packer's OL coach. Must be the heat.....

And I'd never be happy seeing Tebow as a Jet.

At one point in time he was. He was promoted to offensive coordinator in 2007 and kept it until we hired him.

If we had both of them at the same time I would have quit on the team at that point knowing we would be in the depths of hell forever and the laughing stock of the NFL for even longer. When Tebow came out in his arrival and claimed he was so excited to work with Sparano and that he was an awesome OC even though he had never done that job before, well yeah we will leave the ending of that one out. They deserve each other and not here. HAHAHA JETS

I doubt it. Jeff Ireland was on to Ryan Tannehill before this staff was ever hired. He has been following Ryan Tannehill ever since he saw his junior tape in August. I doubt Tony Sparano's or Joe Philbin's presence had any bearing on their desire to get Ryan.
Jeff Ireland was shopping the ingredients that the chef ordered for the dinner.

Ryan Tannehill fits in Philbin's WCO and is familiar with Sherman.

With Sparano & Daboll, a new QB should have emerged from a trade more than draft.
Why? Well, Sparano's hot seat would be boiling water and that is very different for Philbin. In fact Philbin knew that Matt Flynn wasn't prepared yet to be the starter that Miami wants and his hiring should be cheap or a huge pressure from his new boss should be on the kid and his shoulders, creating an undesirable environment. So Philbin opted for a more reasonable solution, by using incumbent QB Matt Moore while preparing Ryan Tannehill. Smart move.

So don't kill Jeff Ireland, he was he guy who buys the ingredient, not the chef on the kitchen.

More than likely. One of my theories the Dolphins didn't go after Mallet in the 2011 draft was with Sparano on the hotseat, Ireland didn't want to handcuff a young QB to a new regime that he might not even match. Instead he choose to improve the team rather than pull a Jimmy Clausen. Besides, if Sparano did win enough to keep his job I doubt it would have been enough to given time to develop a rookie QB(3-4 years with the lockout). Hence a trade for Tebow and the continual wildcat nonsense.

Thank god those days are over.

F*ck Sparano that dumb-sh(t loser. Arrogant tough guy joke.

Back
Top Bottom