So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So...kyler Murray Has Declared. What Does Everyone Think?

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
So, Kyler Murray has decided to prioritize football over baseball. He has a lot of tape that demonstrates a lot of special throws and plays. He is a bit small which seems to be less important to the position thanks to the trail that Drew Brees, Russel Wilson, and to a lesser degree Baker Mayfield who may have 3 or 4 inches on Kyler have blazed before him.

I don’t know that I would trade up for him, but if he was there at 13, I wouldn’t object to taking a shot on him. 1 of 2 things would be the most likely outcome if we drafted him:

Either we would catch lighting in a bottle and have a franchise QB, or he really is too small and wont make it in the NFL. Not sure there is any middle ground in terms of calculating the possibilities, although I could be wrong.

So either we find our future at this position, or if not then we will still probably lose enough games (not by tanking, but by fielding a roster that is talent deficient Because we want to build through the draft and there’s only so much you can do in one year especially after you shed players that are older or too expensive, that you don’t see in your long time plans, hopefully improving on the young and the cheap) and then to also have a shot at 1 of the 3 or 4 potential franchise QBs available in next years draft in case things don’t workout in this rookie.

Interesting times...

No thanks. I would rather see them address the trenches first and bring in a QB next year when the well is a bit deeper. No sense in bringing in a QB to have him get slaughtered with a leaky OL. The team also needs a DL that can pressure the opposing QB. The team needs to be smart about the rebuild and not go for the flashy draft picks or free agent signings.

I'm not going to limit what I would and wouldn't give to acquire Kyler Murray. I love his game. I think he's exciting and will present a good value to us because ultimately I think a few teams will pass on him because of his size.

He has a been an absolute stud for his entire football career. If you think 2 inches of height will be a reason the NFL is where that success finally stops I think you're over analyzing.

I hope we draft him and if we don't, I sure hope we know how to position ourselves to draft a top QB next year.

I want him. Great long ball accuracy and Jesus Christ jet planes were named after this kid.

I haven't seen enough of him to see him under pressure because the highlights below show him having a cup of coffee before having to throw.

Then again, talk about having a roll out passer if and when our OL is atrocious. Could be the perfect fix for such a problem.

And the option read possibilities that now is a staple in the NFL... boy... the possibilities...

What I fail to see a lot of people mentioning is just how highly regarded Murray was coming out of high school. The kid has just proven to be a winner. Some even argued that he was the greatest quarterback prospect coming out of high school ever. To me that's a guy I'm willing to take a risk on, especially with the way offenses are now going in the league. I want to see what a quarterback can do in the pocket that breaks down, something Miami hasn't seen in decades. I don't know if I trade up for him but if we did I wouldn't be disappointed, just with the possibility of somebody that is a proven winner. I don't see him as a project, but I do understand there's risks with every pick especially in picking a quarterback.

So, Kyler Murray has decided to prioritize football over baseball. He has a lot of tape that demonstrates a lot of special throws and plays. He is a bit small which seems to be less important to the position thanks to the trail that Drew Brees, Russel Wilson, and to a lesser degree Baker Mayfield who may have 3 or 4 inches on Kyler have blazed before him.

I don’t know that I would trade up for him, but if he was there at 13, I wouldn’t object to taking a shot on him. 1 of 2 things would be the most likely outcome if we drafted him:

Either we would catch lighting in a bottle and have a franchise QB, or he really is too small and wont make it in the NFL. Not sure there is any middle ground in terms of calculating the possibilities, although I could be wrong.

So either we find our future at this position, or if not then we will still probably lose enough games (not by tanking, but by fielding a roster that is talent deficient Because we want to build through the draft and there’s only so much you can do in one year especially after you shed players that are older or too expensive, that you don’t see in your long time plans, hopefully improving on the young and the cheap) and then to also have a shot at 1 of the 3 or 4 potential franchise QBs available in next years draft in case things don’t workout in this rookie.

Interesting times...
I think he chose the wrong sport...I love football but baseball is guaranteed money, regardless of injury, football is a thankless sport that who's career is over in a blink of an eye...that's just my 2 cents...

Back
Top Bottom