So Long and thanks for all the fish | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Long and thanks for all the fish

GazPhin

Brannigan Begin Again
Reaction score
The late Douglas Adams, author of the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe", had the most appropriate words of farewell. As the dolphins left the planet, shortly before Earth was demolished to make way for a hyper space bypass, a final performance if only it could be translated by the human spectators should have be understood as "So long and thanks for all the fish".

The board has given me much. Opportunities for sharing views and debate on my obsessive fanaticism for the Fins. Web references for many resources on Football news and analysis. Good companionship. :cool:

In spite of the efforts of the moderators of this site, finding those experiences of old is now rather less joyful and more pointless that extracting peanuts from elephant excrement. The juvenile jills fans (rather than those more mature and respected adversaries) have killed a good friend. Like a favourite drinking establishment that has suddenly started being frequented by Al Quaida storm troopers, the watering hole has gone sour.

I'll miss some of you Dolphin fans, and owe you thanks, particularly 87, 06, 39, ICE, and of course AJ. I bid you adieu and hope that one day it finds again it's vibrant spirit, cameraderie, informed comment and good spirited debate. As Spok says, "Live long and prosper Dolphans". I'll raise a glass to you all when we win in San Diego. Go Fins. :happydrin
:(

GazPhin,

You will be missed. I hope you will reconsider or at least check back periodically to see how its going. This current invasion will subside, particularly when there is lots of team-specific stuff to talk about.

Sincerely,
Dave/39

I really wish you would stay Gaz, this too will pass, and we are going to make drastic changes if this is the norm around here.

I know this board is smaller in comparison to the BBI, and we are not even through our first year of life, but it is about the Miami Dolphins and their fans first and foremost.

We are respectfully asking the Bills fans to leave, and if they don't then we will simply begin banning them.

It's fine to have a few visitors, but when they plan invasions, it really becomes a problem. These are our boards, and we will take them back.

please stay

Originally posted by dolfan87
I know this board is smaller in comparison to the BBI, and we are not even through our first year of life, but it is about the Miami Dolphins and their fans first and foremost.

We are respectfully asking the Bills fans to leave, and if they don't then we will simply begin banning them.

Too little too late. A week later and they totally own these forums and turned these forums into trash. I'm pretty much gone too until you guys can get a handle on your boards.

Ok Guys, I'm not deaf to your entreaties...

..and I like being here. I respect the efforts you're making to restore order and I'll keep a watching brief to see how successful it proves.:D

(Note: edited to correct the spelling for the benefit of those who feel that more attention to detail should be given posting on MB's.:lol: :lol: :lol: )

:rocker: :band:

Glad to hear it man! I told you things will clean up within no time :cool:

Gaz...VanDol...

SHAME ON YOU!!!!!:yell: :yell: :yell:

You let 3 or 4 days of Bored Bills fan posts drive you away????

Brothers...yous gots to rise up above the stupidity...If you can't realize that they are bored and have nothing better to do and will probably STOP coming here (at least until we come close to playing them)...And after we BEAT them...You won't be hearing from them at all...then maybe this isn't the MB for you afterall:fire: :fire: :fire:

Gaz, Ive got a question. I know U have been posting here since Feb '02. But do you have any other M-Board experience? The reason I'm asking is quite simple, EVERY board I've gone to goes thru this from time to time. Rival fans fly in, have their fun, and before U know it their gone, IMHO, not a big deal. The Admins. always come in and do their job and all is serious again. This is just the off-season.

BB

Dude, if you leave the board, that's like Sam Houston leavin the Alamo. That ain't teamwork. Things will get better, wait till September.:cool: :rocker: :cool: :rocker: :cool: :rocker:

lol... fins fans.. if he peaces out like that, then he is not a real fan... defend your ground mate... ice and others have been at bbi.com plenty to stir up crap... it happens.. take it with a grain of salt... i knew the phins had no sac, seems their fans are fairweather too...

if he is not with you... then he is against you =)

Originally posted by fthefish11
Nice fans! You guys are a joke!

My 'fandom' is being questioned because I won't put up with little turds like you?

Sorry but I have no respect for the moderators/admin of this site that can't control a measly small group of prepubescent Bills fans ruining the atmosphere of this board.

As a moderator of 2 boards that are bigger then both BBI and these forums put together this crap would never have lasted more then a day.

I've dealt with invasions from forums as big as TribalWars that didn't last more then 2 days once we were done with them.

The simple fact is the mods/admins have done more talk then action. Simply give them a warning and if they ignore, toss them.

Re: Re: So Long and thanks for all the fish

Originally posted by bigbry
Gaz, Ive got a question. I know U have been posting here since Feb '02. But do you have any other M-Board experience? The reason I'm asking is quite simple, EVERY board I've gone to goes thru this from time to time. Rival fans fly in, have their fun, and before U know it their gone, IMHO, not a big deal. The Admins. always come in and do their job and all is serious again. This is just the off-season.

BB

Maybe so Bigbry, but I don't have time to waste reading smack and uninformed, unintelligent posts. Frankly the juvenile posting and provoking isn't limited to Bills interlopers but the ambiance of the board has changed.

It is my first message board and it used to be a good experience. But rather like Moe's bar in the Simpsons, during the "prohibition" episode - when the booze runs out so do the punters.:lol:

I have to say some of it is also probably because there's a lull in news at the moment and that situation will improve as the season draws near.

Back
Top Bottom