So Long and thanks for all the fish | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Long and thanks for all the fish

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
There is no true way to ban someone. First, if they are on AOL... if you ban their IP, chances are that you are banning another thousand people.... because they all use the same IP at one point or another.

Earthlink and a few other providers also use that rotating ISP adddress thing. I found that out the other day when I was having my PC scanned for security risks and such. I was told they could actually be scanning someone elses PC, if I was using those providers. Im such a PC idiot, I had no idea.

BB

Tell that to the 24 AOL users who had to explain to mom and dad why their AOL accounts were being closed on them for TOS breaches :lol:

Vbulletin doesn't provide all the options but it gives you enough to work with a few other programs to get enough information for such.

Although I've been known to restrict half of New York for a few hours to make that one person think they were banned lol.

When TribalWars attacked us we had to go as far as turning off the search engine (uses a lot of CPU cycles and can slow down the forums to a crawl), Restrict posting to once every 5 minutes, disable new signups. They be one group of boys you don't want to mess around with :evil:

GazPhin, I hope you don't leave. We all want to share in the joy of the birth of your child. Dolphins13Fan should be celebrating the birth of his daughter anyday now. :)

VanDolPhan, I almost gave up on this site back in January because the Bills fans were a$$es, but I have risen above it. Our rival Jets fans do not act this way, so whatever. If you decide to go, we will miss you. :)

Yeah, I'll share that tidbit with y'all...

Originally posted by miadphan13
GazPhin, I hope you don't leave. We all want to share in the joy of the birth of your child. Dolphins13Fan should be celebrating the birth of his daughter anyday now. :)

The little boy is due within a week. Shame I can't share the Bollinger RD with you all aswell. Also good news, found a house that the Missus and I like so we're on the move too.:D

GREAT NEWS!

I hope the best for you and your family. You're gonna have to tell us all about the baby. And of course, you're gonna have to post a picture... LOL.

Talk to ya later, and hope everything goes good!

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
GREAT NEWS!
you're gonna have to post a picture... LOL.

I might have to wait until he fits snugly into his ZT54 Acqua shirt (though the size of our lady of the lump it might be as soon as he's been cleaned up)!!

Gazphin,

If your child ( and I hope God blesses you with a healthy one) turns out to be a Bills fan, would you move out?:D

Originally posted by justafan
Gazphin,

If your child ( and I hope God blesses you with a healthy one) turns out to be a Bills fan, would you move out?:D

I'd send him to live with my relative Bills fans. No Bills fans under my roof damnit :lol:

Thanks for Remembering Me Michele

Originally posted by miadphan13

VanDolPhan, I almost gave up on this site back in January because the Bills fans were a$$es, but I have risen above it. Our rival Jets fans do not act this way, so whatever. If you decide to go, we will miss you. :)

Wow I thought my name faded to the background. I've been so busy lately with the baby coming and work/schoolwork, I've had little time to post anything. Glad ya kept me in mind though.

Not sure that would be enough to make me move out.

Originally posted by justafan
Gazphin,

My father-in-law decided he preferred the Packers but we're still on good enough terms. Let's face it, if a family can go to war over it's choice of football team, what chance has the Earth's inhabitants in general!:lol:

AJ,

you gotta get that hack where members post, but they're the only ones who can see their own post, so in effect they're banned, but they don't know it. :D

BigDoug has no idea. That's why no one ever responds to his posts! :D ;)

Back
Top Bottom