So, our team is just full blown talent? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So, our team is just full blown talent?

XoPhinsoX

No More Injuries, Please ;).
Reaction score
Why don't any of these guys have any leadership skills? Atleast it seems that way..

It's almost like our team is a bunch of kids in Pop Warner, heh.

I dont know bout you but I think we've finally aquired some leadership in Seau.....and Thomas will pick up from it.

I agree..I think Seau is our Ray Lewis of Balt. I think Knight is a Lynch of Tampa..I think they will help anchor the D in leadership..Zach and JT were not vocal, but led by example guys..now I think we have a combo of both on D.

I like Nails, Jay on O...I like the Mcmicheals swagger...and I like Dixon's tanascity(sp)..and if Thompson brings a little of the fire he had in DC..I think we have a good combo on O too. I hope Tolver and Rogers have some of these traits also..but I don't know about them yet..

we've been lacking that since Trace left for the raiders. I think having Seau will help a lot and some of the other guys will step up to. Ruddy and Jay are the leaders on offence but Randy's gonna help too and Ricky by example.

Originally posted by Danny
we've been lacking that since Trace left for the raiders. I think having Seau will help a lot and some of the other guys will step up to. Ruddy and Jay are the leaders on offence but Randy's gonna help too and Ricky by example.

I don't buy the Trace stuff, when he was here we suffered the Jags loss in the play-offs. Not exactly the best example of mental toughness IMO.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

I don't buy the Trace stuff, when he was here we suffered the Jags loss in the play-offs. Not exactly the best example of mental toughness IMO.

Oliver...

I don't really attribute the Jags loss to Mental errors on the field but rather Physical ones in practice. Jimmy admited he ran the team too hard that week, and it showed come game time when it seemed like they were all running in cement shoes.

that game at Jax was on a saturday on the road after we played on sunday in Seattle. Our team was done that week and Trace had nothing to do with it. If you were to ask anyone that was on that team who was the guy they all looked up to I bet they'll all say Trace was the one. I think we have missed him on the sidelines and in the locker room. But that was then and this is now so I'm hoping for a better ending.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
We got Seau for leadership.....

We got Seau for more than just leadership. we got seau cus he is five times better than derrick rogers. we got seau cus he blitzes real well. we got seau cus offenses will be focused on him and what he does aside from zach thomas. We got seau cus he can change our scheme from time to time especially against west coast teams. Seau can still play. if anyone doubts that, they have no clue what they are talking about. the fact that he is 34 will hav eno bearing on the next 2 years. Jerry rice is playing football at 42. seau has the same type woirk ethic as Rice.

Seau has missed 4 games last year (I think it was his first injury in his career) and now they say he's done ? Fiedler has missed more games last year than him, Surtain has missed a couple, and Gadsden and so on...

He will be back and show that he has some football left in him. Denver were pretending that Romanowski was done last year too and he played very well for the Raiders.

9 former pro-bowlers on defense. most of which are still playing at a pro bowl level:
1. taylor
2. bowens
3. zach
4. seau
5. t-buck
6. surtain
7. madison
8. marion
9. sammy knight

:eek: this list is frightning. oh, and to answer your question, a defense is only as good as its defensive coordinator

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Danny
that game at Jax was on a saturday on the road after we played on sunday in Seattle. Our team was done that week and Trace had nothing to do with it. If you were to ask anyone that was on that team who was the guy they all looked up to I bet they'll all say Trace was the one. I think we have missed him on the sidelines and in the locker room. But that was then and this is now so I'm hoping for a better ending.

Hmmm so Trace as one of the leaders of the D was unable to motivate the players around him to play a better game, but he's was still a positive at that time for us in the mental toughness department?

Like I said, I don't buy it. If he was that kind of player they would of lost that game by less of a margin.

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom