SO SAD PATS, COULDN'T MATCH THE 72 FINS | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SO SAD PATS, COULDN'T MATCH THE 72 FINS

Its this dirty reason that a part of me has no choice but to like Eli and the Giants. The amount of hurt they caused. Giselle blaming Welker. Tom crying. It was truly mana from heaven. F the Pats. Right in the A.

They would have blown the play dead nowadays.
He was in the grasp.

They would have blown the play dead nowadays.
He was in the grasp.

Depends on the QB and the outcome these days lol.

Would have counted for Mahomes unless it was an INT.

Would have been ruled dead for Carr, unless it was an INT thrown it would have stood.

I'll never forget the day. The guy who was hosting the BBQ just walked into his dinning room, dumped a MOUNTAIN of cocaine on the dinner table and yelled LINES!

1707057831594.gif

Told him, "I'm Cuban. I'm not that Cuban." 🤣

Just say no, kids.

As an aside, that Giants defense was what Miami should aspire to be, or close to that. Similar to the Ravens this year, which gives me hope with Weaver.

Lots of pass rushers, good tacklers, physical.

I know Miami's defense had a stretch where they played very well, but I'm tired of so many missed tackles!

I think that was a big key for the Giants against Brady. He really hated inside pressure and the Giants could bring it. They also limited those short passes with their tackling ability.

And people talk about Brady as the GOAT, but even his wins were not impressive. He had nothing like the dominating championship games that Montana and 49ers offense had. Atlanta crumbled, Lynch should have been given the ball, Vinateire (however you spell it), won a couple for him, without the tuck rule, Chris Jones jumping offsides, Mahomes having no offensive line whatsoever, and on and on.

Easily the best NFL moment since January 1974. I was watching with my dad. My mom was still hospitalized while recovering from diabetic coma. The game was always close enough to have hope but I never fully believed the Giants could do it.

Asante Samuel dropped a leaping interception along the right sideline. I gasped. That would have sealed it. From memory I think it was only 1 or 2 plays prior to the famous helmet catch.

My dad and I went nuts upon the touchdown pass to Plaxico. This might actually happen.

Fortunately the Giants defense attacked the subsequent possession. No 15 yard concessions. But gad did Brady scare me with that deep ball. It must have traveled 70 yards. Pure adrenaline. It would have been the all time legendary NFL play if Moss had managed to snag it and rescue 19-0.

Mom came home a week later. We had Christmas in mid February. Then we showed her the Super Bowl on tape, watching comfortably from her own bed. All of us were season ticket holders beginning in 1972.

Back
Top Bottom