SO SAD PATS, COULDN'T MATCH THE 72 FINS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SO SAD PATS, COULDN'T MATCH THE 72 FINS

And people talk about Brady as the GOAT, but even his wins were not impressive. He had nothing like the dominating championship games that Montana and 49ers offense had. Atlanta crumbled, Lynch should have been given the ball, Vinateire (however you spell it), won a couple for him, without the tuck rule, Chris Jones jumping offsides, Mahomes having no offensive line whatsoever, and on and on.
I am so with you.

Are you thinking Dee Ford? Not Jones, when Brady threw the pick? If you remember- not one flipping review or replay from any angle. I will never forget it.

There should be a parking spot set aside in the lot for only Eli Manning...

Easily the best NFL moment since January 1974. I was watching with my dad. My mom was still hospitalized while recovering from diabetic coma. The game was always close enough to have hope but I never fully believed the Giants could do it.

Asante Samuel dropped a leaping interception along the right sideline. I gasped. That would have sealed it. From memory I think it was only 1 or 2 plays prior to the famous helmet catch.

My dad and I went nuts upon the touchdown pass to Plaxico. This might actually happen.

Fortunately the Giants defense attacked the subsequent possession. No 15 yard concessions. But gad did Brady scare me with that deep ball. It must have traveled 70 yards. Pure adrenaline. It would have been the all time legendary NFL play if Moss had managed to snag it and rescue 19-0.

Mom came home a week later. We had Christmas in mid February. Then we showed her the Super Bowl on tape, watching comfortably from her own bed. All of us were season ticket holders beginning in 1972.
Great story! Thanks for sharing it here.

God I remember that night!!! I was so worried the Pats were going to take it. In no effing way shape or form did I want to share the island with them. Eli manning will go down as one of my absolute heroes!!!!

Still one of the best non Fins catches of all time.
Loved the fact it kept the 72 Dolphins the ONLY undefeated team.

Outside of Dolphin wins… one of my favorite games of all time. This and the Giants-Bills SB.

This one was pretty sweet too, just didn't prevent a perfect season:

Back
Top Bottom