So what is the backup plan for Gase/FOto save his job | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So what is the backup plan for Gase/FOto save his job

Tannchise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
strategic thinking here. A lot of this is lacked on the board and on the team. How does Gase and the FO save their jobs in 2019? Let’s assume the decent probability that Tannehill gets hurt, the team sucks, or a combination? What would save their jobs? I think Again that developing a future qb, which should have been done this year, is the key. Even having it in house would do this based on salary cap savings in 2019. I think Gase and the FO need to show they have something in house for future job security. We need to stop thinking Tannehill will just come in and win super bowls.

The Dolphins biggest problems start before the ball is even snapped. Penalties, not knowing routes, snap counts, coverages, or blocking assignments. Then when the ball is snapped: freelancing, holding, missed tackles, pass interference, and personal fouls out of frustration. This is on the coaching staff to fix on the field, and the management to fix when choising players. And stability at QB would clean up a lot of the offenses issues. It’s easy to pick out talent, but it’s hard to change a team culture on the fly.

Shula should be brought in and his mind picked on how he prepared the players. Whatever he did it was very effective. It could be we just been drafting "dumb" players, but I like to believe it is fixable. If I was Ross I would think hard about questioning Gase over playcalling duty. He's young and learning. I would think you could make the argument his plate is full based on the team's list of problems they had on the field this year. I know it's popular to bash the FO, but I feel the young players have shown enough to merit some confidence in this area.

Shula should be brought in and his mind picked on how he prepared the players. Whatever he did it was very effective. It could be we just been drafting "dumb" players, but I like to believe it is fixable. If I was Ross I would think hard about questioning Gase over playcalling duty. He's young and learning. I would think you could make the argument his plate is full based on the team's list of problems they had on the field this year. I know it's popular to bash the FO, but I feel the young players have shown enough to merit some confidence in this area.

Not to be that guy, but Don Shula is almost 90. He's still fairly sharp, from what I can tell, but I'm not certain that he's the best source for that.

If Tannehill goes down again it won't be enough to save Gase.
This is why we have to draft a QB this year. We need someone to groom.

The drafting of Josh Allen. If we get him and let him sit and learn for a year, then by 2019 fans will be happy with the FO for having him ready to go.

Tannehill just may come in here and win SB's, but who knows. What we do know is that Allen is another Carson Wentz and how often do we get a shot at picking this high? With that, the Jets will probably snag him.

If Tannehill plays in sept he would have been out for 21 months

Do we really have a franchise that depends on that?

Ross considers Gase a “young Shula”, per pretty much everyone. Gase is as safe as it gets, especially if something like Tannehill getting injured happens. Mike Tennenbaum and Chris Grier are more likely to be removed before Gase.

He will get to draft a QB. He's safe like Locke just said

The drafting of Josh Allen. If we get him and let him sit and learn for a year, then by 2019 fans will be happy with the FO for having him ready to go.

Tannehill just may come in here and win SB's, but who knows. What we do know is that Allen is another Carson Wentz and how often do we get a shot at picking this high? With that, the Jets will probably snag him.

LOL. Love the certainty.

Going to have to draft and sign FA that are smarter than the ones we already have on the team. That shouldn't be too hard.

Back
Top Bottom