So, Where Do We Look When (if) Gase Goes? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So, Where Do We Look When (if) Gase Goes?

I would be in favor of an experienced HC

Bruce Arians
Mike Shannahan
Both are a bit older than you might want but either would bring some degree of proven success.

John Fox
Jack Del Rio
Possibly as more defensive minded, neither is my first choice

Lastly 2 outside the box considerations,since this is just make believe at this point

Sean Payton my first choice.

Gase is too young to kick to the curb already.

Gase is too arrogant and helps his odds getting canned tremendously.
Even he can't be so idiotic to believe he already has the right and perfect solution to everything?
Shouldn't his glaring failure to properly address the OL in the offseason be proof enough?

I'm not giving up on Gase at all, simply asking a question, but go ahead and take your shot.

I gave up on Philbin the moment he described his offensive style / philosophy as being based on short timing routes where the receiver is expected to get yards after the catch, and these short passes would mostly replace the run. He said that his offense would be explosive, dynamic, and high-scoring, but the end result was the complete opposite. His "finesse" players (and schemes) were no match for tough, physical teams.

I gave up on Gase the moment he said that he also prefers an offense based on the short pass. This style of offense didn't work for Philbin, and I didn't think it would work for Gase (and it isn't!). History shows that Miami had the most success with a strong running game, a great game manager at QB, and a tough, physical defense. The next level of success was Marino and his high-octane passing game. Marino was denied a ring by the lack of a strong running game, and he had a very good defense only for a short time.

If Miami wants to be relevant again, they need to learn from their history. They need a tough, physical o-line and defense, an above-average to elite QB who is smart and can throw downfield, and a smash-mouth running game. Philbin wanted the opposite of this, and he was a failure. Gase wants the opposite of this, and his offense ranks near the bottom in almost every category. It's been 7 years of wasted time because Ross hired the wrong people. The sooner Ross cleans house, the sooner Miami can begin to build a top-tier team again! (That is, unless Ross hires another inexperienced nobody who thinks they're a genius.)

Go ahead and fire him. You guys think a good coach’s will come to Miami. He’s got a winning record and is 17 and 5 in one score games. And in the NFL that’s a real good record in one score games. Now if you want to fire Matt I’m all for it.

Back
Top Bottom