so which is the biggest dolphins weakness | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so which is the biggest dolphins weakness

Which is the dolphins biggest weakness

• Guard position

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • Coach Philbin

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • Coaching in general

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Other

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters
G by a wide margin. The entire OL has question marks.

After OL there is a large dropoff then CB. We could really use a 2nd CB and probably a nickel before I'd be happy with the guys we have.

Our DL and Coyle's blitzes can cover for the CB's, but scheme is going to have to do the heavy lifting for our OL inadequacies.

We have alot of decent nickel canidates just no good starter candidates. I agree guard is by far biggest weakness. Linebacker is a close third

I'm gonna throw in a curveball and say Kicker. Considering how many points they can be responsible for, and our current injury/rookie situation, outlook is not good. For some reason i have some faith the guard situation will work out, but I def can't argue with the concern at guard.

Guard. Miami has three unknowns competing for two spots. It's certainly possible that young guys step up and play well, but it is certainly uneasy for fans knowing how important it is to keep Ryan Tannehill in one piece.

I have a gut feeling that linebacking will turn out better than expected. Not saying we have any stars at linebacker, but with the improvements on the defensive line I think this unit will be okay.

I actually like how Miami upgraded the depth in the secondary as that was a huge weakness last year and, essentially, cost Miami a playoff spot. The Dolphins may not have a star opposite Brent Grimes, but I think we have enough talent there. I love the upside of Tony Lippett.

The coaching is definitely a question mark. Can Joe Philibin and his staff take the next step? This team certainly has playoff talent.

I just cant beleive we`re going into the season with that OL lineup... Especially considering the division we`re playing in... AFC east has monster DLs across the board...

I'm gonna throw in a curveball and say Kicker. Considering how many points they can be responsible for, and our current injury/rookie situation, outlook is not good. For some reason i have some faith the guard situation will work out, but I def can't argue with the concern at guard.

I agree with VBCheeseGrater....the Kicker, then guard and CB/LB. We can not trust our kicker he will have the chance to win games and put points on the board. The guard will keep Tannehill upright which is also VERY important. So my point is we have one kicker and he is average at best. We have several guards and more of a chance that one or two turn out to be servicable.

I agree with VBCheeseGrater....the Kicker, then guard and CB/LB. We can not trust our kicker he will have the chance to win games and put points on the board. The guard will keep Tannehill upright which is also VERY important. So my point is we have one kicker and he is average at best. We have several guards and more of a chance that one or two turn out to be servicable.

Not sure how kicker is a bigger hole than guard. Sturgis has not been good and Thomas has not been good. We have no legitimate good guard at the other spot , a huge question.
Its hard to say that Thomas as a guard is any worse than Sturgis as a kicker plus the total mystery at the other guard position.

All of these "great weaknesses" from the poll are moot...

Suh will be wasted. And worse, he'll probably keep us from getting a top pick.

Oh of course, Tannehill is our biggest weakness, right?

:lol:

Suh makes our defense better no doubt , just too many expect an elite defense just because of him and with him Detroit had an elite defense exactly one year out of the whole time he was there.

Suh makes our defense better no doubt , just too many expect an elite defense just because of him and with him Detroit had an elite defense exactly one year out of the whole time he was there.

Because the rest of the Detroit front 7 is terrible. CJ Mosley started next to Suh and he's a backup here.

I voted Guard but I think our biggest weakness is scoring TD's against top 10 scoring defenses. And I'm sure the guard play is probably directly related to that issue. But Lazor needs to figure out how to score more against the top defenses of the league. Last year his offense dropped from almost 28 points per game to 17 when facing a top ten scoring defense. Way too much of a drop off. We faced 7 top 10 defenses last year and could face a similar issue this year. With the Bills (twice) Patriots (twice) Houston and Baltimore we are already up to 6 from last year. Indy , San Diego or even the Jets could move into that group this year so that could add more top ten defenses.

Need to stop just bullying the weak teams and do the same against the great defenses of the league this year.

I voted Guard but I think our biggest weakness is scoring TD's against top 10 scoring defenses. And I'm sure the guard play is probably directly related to that issue. But Lazor needs to figure out how to score more against the top defenses of the league. Last year his offense dropped from almost 28 points per game to 17 when facing a top ten scoring defense. Way too much of a drop off. We faced 7 top 10 defenses last year and could face a similar issue this year. With the Bills (twice) Patriots (twice) Houston and Baltimore we are already up to 6 from last year. Indy , San Diego or even the Jets could move into that group this year so that could add more top ten defenses.

Need to stop just bullying the weak teams and do the same against the great defenses of the league this year.

i agree we need to start beating playoff teams with more consistency, but it's only logical to expect a drop-off in scoring when playing top 10 scoring defenses...i mean...that's why they're in the top 10....because they're good at limiting opposing offenses.....

it's the equivalent of me saying that our defense needs to find ways to limit top 10 scoring offenses......whether we win by scoring 30 or 15 I don't really care. as long as we find ways to win those games....

i agree we need to start beating playoff teams with more consistency, but it's only logical to expect a drop-off in scoring when playing top 10 scoring defenses...i mean...that's why they're in the top 10....because they're good at limiting opposing offenses.....

it's the equivalent of me saying that our defense needs to find ways to limit top 10 scoring offenses......whether we win by scoring 30 or 15 I don't really care. as long as we find ways to win those games....

I would expect a drop off but not that much.

Good point about reversing the argument. We went 2-5 against top 10 defenses and 1-4 against top 10 offenses. Neither one is good enough to get to the prize.

It's Joe, guys. C'mon.

Shula would have won with last year's team. And the 2013 team. Maybe that's not a fair comparison but Joe knew full well when he came here, who's shoes he'd be filling.

Back
Top Bottom