so, who else thinks our helmet looked bad *** at the pro bowl. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so, who else thinks our helmet looked bad *** at the pro bowl.

bigmiamifan said:
I thought it was rather elementary and aging actually. I Also hate the white on white that I think CHambers had on, either way, I was far from satisfied with our uniforms.

Chambers wore a Red uni, see sig below.

I for one do not like the cartoony style modern logos are trending towards. If you look at some old helmet styles like ours, or the old patriot one with the actual patriot on it, it looked simple and gritty. When you draw a dolphin with a snarl it just looks silly to me. While this is an exageration, why not draw a dolphin with a machine gun smoking a ciagr slapping some girl on the rump? It just doesn't suit imo.

I don't mind restyled helmets like the Chargers who keep the same simple design but tweak it a bit and change the colors a shade or two.

When you think of the classic teams, Dallas, Pitt, Miami, you don't see alot of logo changes, because not alot needs changed. There is only one reason to change it, and that is for an unsuccessful franchise to increase revenues on newer logos, and try to reimage itself. The Pats were not that successful so they changed their logo around that time.

The Aqua Crush said:
i think our helmets do look old. seems everyone has upgraded their style except us. Heres a thought... could we replace our current logo with the Finhaven one (mods u ok with that? ) cuz whoever designed that props to you. Finhaven logo is bad *ss.
...and suck up of the year for the 2006 calendar year goes to...

:wink: :lol:

Phidget said:
...why not draw a dolphin with a machine gun smoking a ciagr slapping some girl on the rump? ...
:lol:
Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!!!
:lol:

I like everything about the texans....From there helmets to there jerseys. There bad @ss in my opinion...

Bottom line the Dolphins logo stinks, the only argument is it's classic. There is nothing tough or intimidating about a dolphin jumping through the sun.

Phidget said:
I for one do not like the cartoony style modern logos are trending towards. If you look at some old helmet styles like ours, or the old patriot one with the actual patriot on it, it looked simple and gritty. When you draw a dolphin with a snarl it just looks silly to me. While this is an exageration, why not draw a dolphin with a machine gun smoking a ciagr slapping some girl on the rump? It just doesn't suit imo.

I don't mind restyled helmets like the Chargers who keep the same simple design but tweak it a bit and change the colors a shade or two.

When you think of the classic teams, Dallas, Pitt, Miami, you don't see alot of logo changes, because not alot needs changed. There is only one reason to change it, and that is for an unsuccessful franchise to increase revenues on newer logos, and try to reimage itself. The Pats were not that successful so they changed their logo around that time.

I like the old Patriots logo, it also reminds me of my High School football uniform.

WestVirginiaFan said:
http://images.heritagecoin.com/images/HRCG/75/0018575002o.jpg

I've said it once, and i'll say it again

BRING BACK THE OLD SCHOOL JERSEYS!!

I SECOND THIS!!!

EXHIBIT A:

54275067541-1.jpg

EXHIBIT B:

54275178046-1.jpg

EXHIBIT C:

10401158-1.jpg

Matt3w said:
Bottom line the Dolphins logo stinks, the only argument is it's classic. There is nothing tough or intimidating about a dolphin jumping through the sun.

It does not stink...you just don't like it. Big difference.

WestVirginiaFan said:
I like everything about the texans....From there helmets to there jerseys. There bad @ss in my opinion...

EXCEPT THEIR TEAM, OF COURSE :sidelol:

Winning teams with a winning tradition usually try not to change their look too much. The Yankees are a prime example. Lets go back to the uniforms we were wearing in 1972.

Back
Top Bottom