Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Anyone but Wanny!

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Stay with Wanny

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters
frank beamer, he'd slap some sense into these guys:lol:

dusty, what makes you so sure?

I posted a quote of his on here earlier that stated if he ran the table and felt like he accomplished everything at OU, he would like to coach in the NFL. And we would most certainly be a main candidate.

Originally posted by dusty_hog
Getting Bob Stoops as coach has the same odds as the Fins going 4-12 this year.

That's still possible.. I heard the NFL was thinking about giving San Diego the W because of the fires and having to play their MNF Home game away...

Read "the Life of Reilly" from 3 weeks ago (the Marlins are on the cover).

OK WHO THE **** VOTED FOR STAY WITH WANNY?????? :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell: :yell:

Originally posted by Phishstix
frank beamer, he'd slap some sense into these guys:lol:

No! His Hokies are just as soft and susceptible to slumping as the Dolphins have been. If you want a Big East coach, I say Rich Rodriguez. At least West Virginia can get fired up for Virginia Tech and Miami. He does a lot with not much talent...

Oh crap.

Must have been someone from Florida, y'all haven't figured out how to vote yet. lol

First- why do you say Stoops will not ever not ever leave Oklahoma?
I don't get Sports Illustrated.
And I don't like your choices. There's a lot of talk about the Iowa coach. Kurt Ferentz or something like that? I don't know much about him, because I see little college football, but I know his name has come up as a hot prospect. Also, a person I just read about as a sleeper type is the head coach at Cal. I don't remember his name. I'm just throwing out more choices.

Here's my evidence on Stoops:

Football coaches are supposed to give it the Full Neuheisel: secretly sniff every job opening while insisting to the fans that you're not going anywhere. Stoops has gotten more offers than a prison hooker, but he hangs up on 'em! He's turned down Pitt, Iowa and Florida, and the Cleveland Browns and the San Francisco 49ers.

Coach in Norman, Okla., instead of San Francisco? Were his taste buds removed at birth?

"I have a great life here," he says. "What more could I want?"

"The Life Of Reilly"-November 3, 2003

Thanks Bopkin....I'm not in Florida so I don't know who they're throwing around, so I just made up a generic list, and anyone can fill in with whoever they want.

Originally posted by Jimmy James

No! His Hokies are just as soft and susceptible to slumping as the Dolphins have been. If you want a Big East coach, I say Rich Rodriguez. At least West Virginia can get fired up for Virginia Tech and Miami. He does a lot with not much talent...

it was a joke, franky boy ain't goin nowhere. i definately don't want RR though. his players hate him, the fans hate him (a little bit less since they beat VT and took UM to the wire), and he's the most arrogant, foul-mouthed, a$$hole of a coach i've seen, plus that gimmicky crap he does won't work in the pros.

I am going to go with Norv Turner...just seems liek the right thing to do. He is a great offesnive guy, and we always hear how we will lose him because he will find a head coaching job in college. Plus, imagine how well our offense would be, If he had complete control over it?

Prime: Have you seen our offense lately? Did you see the Redskins under Norv's full control.. Please no more JJ retreads!

Originally posted by Phishstix

it was a joke, franky boy ain't goin nowhere. i definately don't want RR though. his players hate him, the fans hate him (a little bit less since they beat VT and took UM to the wire), and he's the most arrogant, foul-mouthed, a$$hole of a coach i've seen, plus that gimmicky crap he does won't work in the pros.

Didn't you get the memo when the team signed Brian Griese? We don't care if the coworkers hate the person we're looking at any more. Anyway, being in Don Nealon's shadow in WV is just as bad as being in Elways shadow. ;)

I just mainly wanted to play WVU/VPI rivalry with you...

Back
Top Bottom