so you still think ryan tannehills not the top target in the draft... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

so you still think ryan tannehills not the top target in the draft...

We shall find out on 26th april.............

I don't think that many Miami fans are in any doubt that we will take Tannehill if he is still there at 8. The question is - will he be there at 8?

I remember all the talk in 2007 about how much effort we were putting into Brady Quinn. Our QB coach at the time was working heavily with Quinn leading up to the draft.

I think he will be gone. If the browns don't take him, someone will trade up with the jags or rams. My bet will be Philly or the cards.

I don't think that many Miami fans are in any doubt that we will take Tannehill if he is still there at 8. The question is - will he be there at 8?
If he's not there at #8 and Cleveland does take him I'm trying to figure out how we get Trent Richardson...kid is an elite player and I would love to get him but I have a hard time seeing him get past Tampa Bay unless the Bucs go with another elite player that also fills a need in Claiborne. Either way if Richardson makes it to Jacksonville's spot I see a few teams trading up for him there.

Tannehill is the target. This FO has taken so much heat for not taking Ryan and missing out on Manning and Flynn ( who they rightfully passed on IMO) that they are willing to take a chance on Tannehill. Now Tannehill may not be a sharpened qb prospect like Ryan was and he's obviously no Manning, but I think if he sits for a year this might be a solid choice because of Sherman. I say pull the trigger because what we've done so far hasn't worked.

yea hes a possible target but not in the 1st round.

I don't think you are right on this one mate. Even if you feel he is not worth a first rounder, 99% of people feel that he will not make it beyond the top ten at this stage. For a few months now the majority of analysts have had him going in the first round and his pro-day has elevated his draft stock. I am not saying that he is worth a first rounder, rather that it is almost a certainty that he will go in the first and that if he is there at 8 the Phins will take him.

If he's not there at #8 and Cleveland does take him I'm trying to figure out how we get Trent Richardson...kid is an elite player and I would love to get him but I have a hard time seeing him get past Tampa Bay unless the Bucs go with another elite player that also fills a need in Claiborne. Either way if Richardson makes it to Jacksonville's spot I see a few teams trading up for him there.

If Tannehill is gone at 8, I can see us trying to trade down for more picks. You are right, Richardson is elite, but is running back a position of need? I don't think so - we have Bush, Thomas and Slaton currently on the roster. I can see us picking up the best OL or pass rusher available if we cannot get Tannehill or trade out of the 8th spot.

Unfortunately his draft stock has risen dramatically. If they want him they'll have to pull the trigger at #8.

lol, because some draft guru says we should take him in the first to get him we have to listen to them, remember ryan leaf and jamarcus russell what the draft gurus said about them?? I looked at plenty of hightlights and hes a good prospect but to be honest i compare him alot to matt moore, only thing is he is much younger so he can get better but hes arm strength just isnt worth a 1st round pick. I just dont believe he is worth a top 10 pick, i rather us go with matt moore this season and pick a top 10 talent richardson/clainborne/floyd and take our chances with gettin weeden/tannenhill with a 2nd.

good lord are some of you guys naive...this isn't about if YOU think tannehills worth a top 10 pick...this is jeff ieland and sherman...and maybe philbin also...anyways...if he's on the board i'd prepare for tannehill to be the pick and don't sleep on a move to #7 to make sure it happens

this top pick if he's there is locked up...

lol, because some draft guru says we should take him in the first to get him we have to listen to them, remember ryan leaf and jamarcus russell what the draft gurus said about them?? I looked at plenty of hightlights and hes a good prospect but to be honest i compare him alot to matt moore, only thing is he is much younger so he can get better but hes arm strength just isnt worth a 1st round pick. I just dont believe he is worth a top 10 pick, i rather us go with matt moore this season and pick a top 10 talent richardson/clainborne/floyd and take our chances with gettin weeden/tannenhill with a 2nd.

So you're basing your not so brilliant Tannehill and Matt Moore comparison on youtube videos? LOL

Tannehill is even more highly respected by the NFL than supposed "draftniks" or "guru's

I doubt we pass on him if he's there at 8, but I won't be happy about it. Tannehill is by far the most raw "top 10" QB prospect I have seen come out in a long time. Not once in his collegiate career did Tannehill do anything special to go out and win a game against good competition. Point blank, he played very poorly in the 2nd half of basically every close game he has ever played against a decent team.
He put up good numbers, but in college (particularly the big 12) that doesn't really mean that much. Any impetus we have to draft him would purely be based on physical ability alone, and that's no reason to pick the guy 8th overall. He's going to be wildly overdrafted because of a QB needy league that sees a 6'4 230 lb kid that can move and throw the ball with velocity, but it takes a hell of a lot more than that to make it in the NFL.
We have SO many needs, I'd much rather trade down and try to get Weeden and fill some of the massive holes on this roster.

Back
Top Bottom