[SOLVED] Jimmy Johnson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[SOLVED] Jimmy Johnson?

K

King

When Jimmy Johnson stepped down as HC and Wannstedt was hired, Jimmy expressed interest in helping with the draft and maybe more? Is Jimmy still associated with this team? Why don't we offer the GM position to him?

Name the one great offensive player he got while he was HC/GM.

I think that he could get the offence back to respectable and maintain the defence

I'd give Jimmy Johnson a 2nd chance. Last time he was here, it wasn't really his team (it was Shula's and Marino's). Jimmy wanted to start over at QB but couldn't do that at the expense of dissing our franchise's face. This time, he'll be able to do what he wants. I'd give him a 2nd chance, just my opinion!

His top choices on offese: Yatil Green, John Avery, J.J Johnson, C. Collins. Great collection of offensive players.

It was his quitting; and then recanting as long as his good buddy Dave was brought in as heir apparent that brought us to this place. I agree with prior posters; while he does get credited with finds like Thomas, Taylor, Surtain and the like, his record at the top of the draft was abysmal and has continued with this regime.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I'd give Jimmy Johnson a 2nd chance. Last time he was here, it wasn't really his team (it was Shula's and Marino's). Jimmy wanted to start over at QB but couldn't do that at the expense of dissing our franchise's face. This time, he'll be able to do what he wants. I'd give him a 2nd chance, just my opinion!

A second chance??? Hell no and he's the reason why we got Wanny...and we all know how that's turned out!!!

Don't compare Wanny and Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy has won at every level, including college, and has 2 rings. He may be the reason we have Wanny as coach, but he's not the reason why this team is in the condition it is

If you re-called, he quit twice on this team. The first time, he hired DW to help him coach, by telling Wayne that he would resing if he did not get help, and the 2nd one he quit on us after the Jax PlayOff disaster...

He also did not address any draft or FA picks for a QB to replace Dan, he was terrible in offensive draft picks...

I would blame JJ for some of our offensive problems in the past 4 years...

Compared to the job Wannstedt has done in terms of being GM, Jimmy Johnson was absolutely brilliant. He built a strong foundation defensively through the draft, and had a longterm plan. Offensively, he missed on too many players, which prevented the plan from being reached.

Things are so bad right now, I'd welcome JJ back, but only in a GM capacity.

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Don't compare Wanny and Jimmy Johnson. Jimmy has won at every level, including college, and has 2 rings. He may be the reason we have Wanny as coach, but he's not the reason why this team is in the condition it is

Sure he is....

He hired Dave, and since then this franchise has nosedived right into the AFC East cellar. Why isn't he at least partially responsible???...

If it weren't for Jimmy, Dave would be probably be bagging groceries at Publix somewhere. That's something he may actually be quaified to do....

Jimmy is an overrated, stubborn, egotistical cry baby. IMO, he's no different than R. Williams. He came to Miami, promise us a SB, and then left us hanging in the wind only four years later. He quit on us. What he did to our franchise is no different than what Ricky did....

JIMMY SUCKS!!! :yell:

PHINZ RULE!!!.......THE CELLAR. :cry:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

I completely agree...I felt he was sticking with Marino because of the history with the team...But we all knew it was time for him to move on....But if we gave him a chance to build this offense from the ground up Im sure hed doo a good job....I say Gove JJ another shot, if he was willing.

Back
Top Bottom