Some Bold Predictions | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Bold Predictions

G-Force said:
Last offseason they lost their two coordinators and Weiss made Brady and it showed last year that his play declined without a genuiss like Weiss. Brady sucked in college ask any Michigan fan. Loss of weapons on offense and Defense and doing nothing to replace them would be guess at why they will continue their decline in play. Last year it started with the losses of Crennell and Weiss and this year it may continue because of the loss of not only productive big name players but also leaders such as Mcginest.

You're getting better.Good.

I agree, Weiss was a huge loss. And we will be starting anew again with the loss of Mangini. But his departure certainly didn't cause Brady to perform differently.And considering he was a pro-bowl selection with a passer rating of 92.3 last year, I would not call that a "decline in play". Amazing he pulled that off nursing the hernia for the last half of the season. And the guy definiately didn't "suck" at Michigan. If your equating draft round with pre-nfl quality you may want to look up the college careers of guys like Montana or Staubach.

Givens is not a "big name" player. He is a solid number two looking to see if he can make it as a 1. AV is a big named kicker, not the bread and butter of the team. willie...well, I love Willie and will sorely miss him. But Sey fills in the gap just fine.

While losing Willie and Givens, and to a certain degree AV will change the face of the team; it won't break it. The draft and camp signings are still ot be had, and as I stated we still have money to work with.

But I guess I got your best answer.

Ayuh said:
You're getting better.Good.

I agree, Weiss was a huge loss. And we will be starting anew again with the loss of Mangini. But his departure certainly didn't cause Brady to perform differently.And considering he was a pro-bowl selection with a passer rating of 92.3 last year, I would not call that a "decline in play". Amazing he pulled that off nursing the hernia for the last half of the season. And the guy definiately didn't "suck" at Michigan. If your equating draft round with pre-nfl quality you may want to look up the college careers of guys like Montana or Staubach.

Givens is not a "big name" player. He is a solid number two looking to see if he can make it as a 1. AV is a big named kicker, not the bread and butter of the team. willie...well, I love Willie and will sorely miss him. But Sey fills in the gap just fine.

While losing Willie and Givens, and to a certain degree AV will change the face of the team; it won't break it. The draft and camp signings are still ot be had, and as I stated we still have money to work with.

But I guess I got your best answer.
No not really I could do better. To be honest I don't give a crap about the Pats and never have. They don't scare me and I beleive their days are over. Bilichek has already accomplised more than anyone can ask for and I predict in a year or two he will retire because of the vigors and all the time spent in coaching. I could go way more in depth but I don't come here to talk about the Pats.

Fact #1.
Super Bowl>Dolphins 27 Panthers 21
Fact #2
Patriots 2006 record>9-7
I`m not sure how I know these things,but I do.

[quote='Phins & 'Canes]Super Bowl 41:

Carolina Panthers over Pittsburgh Steelers[/quote]

That's what I had for SB 40.

Its too early for me to prognosticate the upcoming season. I usually make my guesses in Mid August.

By the way Brady did suck at Mich. He was a backup and part of two highly recruited qbs that couldn't get it done. He and Henson had the best o-line in football anchored by Jensen and a numerous weapons like C-Wood and many others that now start or play in the NFL. Their D was ranked in the top 10 every year with awesome secondary and Lb's. Ask any Mich fan and they will tell you that they had the most talent they ever had there during Brady and Hensons stay and they sucked. They should have been the USC during that era.

G-Force said:
By the way Brady did suck at Mich. He was a backup and part of two highly recruited qbs that couldn't get it done. He and Henson had the best o-line in football anchored by Jensen and a numerous weapons like C-Wood and many others that now start or play in the NFL. Their D was ranked in the top 10 every year with awesome secondary and Lb's. Ask any Mich fan and they will tell you that they had the most talent they ever had there during Brady and Hensons stay and they sucked. They should have been the USC during that era.
Haha, I thought we were done. You're right, he was the third stringer his first two years there. But beating Auburn in the Orange bowl hardly makes for a terrible quarterback.....as well he ranks third, fourth, and fifth in the schools history of quarterbacks for varying stats. I won't reprint the school records set; I will let you read it for yourself.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=28950

Hardly the numbers or history of a player regarded by alumni as "sucking"

Really though, lets not turn this to smack. I wasn't trying to have a Patriot flame party, I was truly looking for some feedback as to how people could post a prediction of having a 9-7 record with nary a game being played. Hell, not even having gone to CAMP yet!

As I stated we have very similar schedules this year. I was just slightly surprised that alot of fans (granted fans that have only registered here in the last 6 months, which is always suspect of being on the wagon) here were thinking the upcoming season would be such a walk.

If Pep never plays a down next year because of recovery......who throws the ball to generate a 12-4?

Ayuh said:
Haha, I thought we were done. You're right, he was the third stringer his first two years there. But beating Auburn in the Orange bowl hardly makes for a terrible quarterback.....as well he ranks third in the schools history of quarterbacks. I won't reprint the school records set; I will let you read it for yourself.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=28950

Hardly the numbers or history of a player regarded by alumni as "sucking"
With the talent around they shold have won 2-3 championships if not for bad qb play was my point. 3rd on a list of who though Greise and then who? Brady was a sixth round pick for a reason and it wasn't because he was impressive surrounded by talent. IMO no Weiss no Brady being able to get BS calls or still being in the NFL. Dink and Dunk is all he could do and that was how Weiss made him productive. He taught Brady how to read and be productive in the NFL and that is what made Weiss famous because he could do so with a bad qb and make him look great.

Ayuh said:
Really though, lets not turn this to smack. I wasn't trying to have a Patriot flame party, I was truly looking for some feedback as to how people could post a prediction of having a 9-7 record with nary a game being played. Hell, not even having gone to CAMP yet!

As I stated we have very similar schedules this year. I was just slightly surprised that alot of fans (granted fans that have only registered here in the last 6 months, which is always suspect of being on the wagon) here were thinking the upcoming season would be such a walk.

If Pep never plays a down next year because of recovery......who throws the ball to generate a 12-4?
I didn't predict their record so you would have to get one of them to replie which they haven't so they probably won't. I say we will win the East because we got Pepper, Capers, Mularky, and many other players not to mention the way we finished last year. NE I have no idea what their record will be but I predict behind us.

G-Force said:
With the talent around they shold have won 2-3 championships if not for bad qb play was my point. 3rd on a list of who though Greise and then who? Brady was a sixth round pick for a reason and it wasn't because he was impressive surrounded by talent. IMO no Weiss no Brady being able to get BS calls or still being in the NFL. Dink and Dunk is all he could do and that was how Weiss made him productive. He taught Brady how to read and be productive in the NFL and that is what made Weiss famous because he could do so with a bad qb and make him look great.
Haha, man....come on, you know better than this. Let me ask you a question....how many first round quarterbacks between 97-99 have rings? I won't argue he never had the numbers to make for a better pick than the 6th, but recall who went first that year for a QB? Pennington. Everyone with any sense knows that drafting QB's is a crapshoot.

And you're right, Weiss developed Brady well and implemented him into a good offense. But he surely wasn;t made by Weiss. If that was the case Bledsoe would have a few rings of his own. Before you can make a sculpture, you gotta have good clay.

But I don;t want to argue about brady being good or bad. I think his record in the NFL speaks enough for itself.

Just wanted to have some friendly chat about the great disparity in record prediction.

G-Force said:
I didn't predict their record so you would have to get one of them to replie which they haven't so they probably won't. I say we will win the East because we got Pepper, Capers, Mularky, and many other players not to mention the way we finished last year. NE I have no idea what their record will be but I predict behind us.
Thats a good point. I think with a healthy Pep starting the season you're damn tough to beat this year. Thats why I predicted the close finish between us.

But how goes it if Pep ain't ready till Nov? Or not at all this year?

Ayuh said:
Haha, man....come on, you know better than this. Let me ask you a question....how many first round quarterbacks between 97-99 have rings? I won't argue he never had the numbers to make for a better pick than the 6th, but recall who went first that year for a QB? Pennington. Everyone with any sense knows that drafting QB's is a crapshoot.

And you're right, Weiss developed Brady well and implemented him into a good offense. But he surely wasn;t made by Weiss. If that was the case Bledsoe would have a few rings of his own. Before you can make a sculpture, you gotta have good clay.

But I don;t want to argue about brady being good or bad. I think his record in the NFL speaks enough for itself.

Just wanted to have some friendly chat about the great disparity in record perdiction.
After your coach said a player couldn't lose his starting job to injury he lied and left Brady in. You guys were getting you tales handed to you and Brady got hurt in the playoffs and Bledsoe came in and lit it up for 3 td's I beleive it was. He should have started because had brokeback Brady not cried injury you wouldn't have been there. Give Bledsoe his do because nobody ever mentions that. And back to the snowplow thing I have seen players try to clear a spot with their cleats and hands but never a snowplow brought on the feild. The onlyt reason the Pats was handed the SB was because of the tragic events and who better than the team named the Patriots to hand a SB to.

LaL08Kb12004 said:
Correct me if im wrong, but why would the colts play in the wild card game if they won there division.

they wouldnt have enough for a first round bye

Ayuh said:
Thats a good point. I think with a healthy Pep starting the season you're damn tough to beat this year. Thats why I predicted the close finish between us.

But how goes it if Pep ain't ready till Nov? Or not at all this year?
We run the ball alot and play great D. Thats what I would do anyway. We have Ronnie and maybe Ricky and Linehan was pass happy and underutilized the two last year during our losses especially. Mularky will run as he showed in Pitt and that is not mentioned nearly enough IMO. I think our running game should be our bread and butter Pepper or not. We picked up Beasley at FB and LJ Shelton who is known as a great rb tackle but not to good at run blocking. Then we signed a great pass blocking TE in Justin Peele. So from what we have done I think alot of people are focussing on the passing too much.

Okay, a few points:

10-6 for the Colts? Even with out James, that's just awful for the Colts. 10-6 wouldn't even get you into the playoffs this year. Colts will do much better, especially in that division.

Skins 13-3? As usual they are very overrated. The Eagles will be bouncing back, the Giants are div champs, and the Boys have T.O.
Only 3 losses? No way....

Back
Top Bottom