Some Bold Predictions | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Bold Predictions

G-Force said:
We run the ball alot and play great D. Thats what I would do anyway. We have Ronnie and maybe Ricky and Linehan was pass happy and underutilized the two last year during our losses especially. Mularky will run as he showed in Pitt and that is not mentioned nearly enough IMO. I think our running game should be our bread and butter Pepper or not. We picked up Beasley at FB and LJ Shelton who is known as a great rb tackle but not to good at run blocking. Then we signed a great pass blocking TE in Justin Peele. So from what we have done I think alot of people are focussing on the passing too much.

I think alot of people are buying into Pep being the key the team needs to get over the hump. And maybe he is; the QB play there has been pretty pathetic at times as of late. But Ricky is facing suspension and his contributions last year were pretty good. If he takes a year off (or more) and Pep has to ride pine, you have a couple of pretty big offensive holes to fill.

The ground game coupled with your defense may be just good enough to get the AFCE, but it won't make it to the AFC Championship game. But I am starting to think most Dolphin fans are just hoping for improvement and not setting sights on the Lombardi this year.

Bottom line though: With having similar schedules, similar coaching philosophies, and plenty of talent, and assuming Pep plays early and well....I don;t see the Fins walking easily into the division win. Not as spread as 12-4 and the next being 9-7

Mexican Buc said:
Okay, a few points:

10-6 for the Colts? Even with out James, that's just awful for the Colts. 10-6 wouldn't even get you into the playoffs this year. Colts will do much better, especially in that division.

Skins 13-3? As usual they are very overrated. The Eagles will be bouncing back, the Giants are div champs, and the Boys have T.O.
Only 3 losses? No way....
I must agree with the Redskin and the NFC East it will be a tough division. The Colts however I disagree.Edge meant as much to that team as anyone. Look at his stats not only rushing but receiveing and the unseen stats like being one of the best blocking back in the NFL. He stayed in and blocked in singleback and was expected to pick up someone 1 on 1 which he never failed at. Protection will take a hit not to mention they went undefeated so long because they were running more than they ever have since Manning got there. Edge was more responsible for last year than any of them. He is a major lose in the biggest ways and they will see how stupid they are for letting him go. Running the ball wins Championships.

Ayuh said:
I think alot of people are buying into Pep being the key the team needs to get over the hump. And maybe he is; the QB play there has been pretty pathetic at times as of late. But Ricky is facing suspension and his contributions last year were pretty good. If he takes a year off (or more) and Pep has to ride pine, you have a couple of pretty big offensive holes to fill.

The ground game coupled with your defense may be just good enough to get the AFCE, but it won't make it to the AFC Championship game. But I am starting to think most Dolphin fans are just hoping for improvement and not setting sights on the Lombardi this year.

Bottom line though: With having similar schedules, similar coaching philosophies, and plenty of talent, and assuming Pep plays early and well....I don;t see the Fins walking easily into the division win. Not as spread as 12-4 and the next being 9-7
Maybe but we will get someone if Ricky can't go. Who really knows but it is a great time to be a Dolphin. Our owner got us a coach and everything we have been wanting for a long time. The excitement is higher than ever and we have alot to be optimistic. Nobody has done anything close as far as coordinaters and players we have got this year and like you guys are losing key players and not really trying to replace them right now.

G-Force said:
Maybe but we will get someone if Ricky can't go. Who really knows but it is a great time to be a Dolphin. Our owner got us a coach and everything we have been wanting for a long time. The excitement is higher than ever and we have alot to be optimistic. Nobody has done anything close as far as coordinaters and players we have got this year and like you guys are losing key players and not really trying to replace them right now.

I agree, we have had more of an exodus this offseason of high profile players than incoming. But big signings are not Belichick/Piolis way of doing things. And I assure you the "fans" are panicky.

I think we will have to settle for an average kicker at best. That will get decided in camp between them. There will be some releases during camp and thats usually when the Pats fill in gaps, which is when I suspect we will replace the opening left by Givens departure. Although the offense may see some tweaking this year with more action coming from Watson. And Willies having left will be compensated with the heavily stacked defensive backfield that has recently been pumped up. With hope Harrison will be back without having lost too many steps.

It's a trying time to see the departures. But as the saying goes up here, "In Bill we trust".

G-Force said:
I didn't bet but thanks for reposting that thread. I was right and some of our fans are too pessimistic. We started running and I wish all these guys that think I'm full of it would go and read that thread. Thanks again.

Haha, I was hoping to see Fins05:Newhope have to open his wallet and start buying those drinks he promised for the 9-7 finish.

I probably just made an enemy though!:lol:

Ayuh said:
I agree, we have had more of an exodus this offseason of high profile players than incoming. But big signings are not Belichick/Piolis way of doing things. And I assure you the "fans" are panicky.

I think we will have to settle for an average kicker at best. That will get decided in camp between them. There will be some releases during camp and thats usually when the Pats fill in gaps, which is when I suspect we will replace the opening left by Givens departure. Although the offense may see some tweaking this year with more action coming from Watson. And Willies having left will be compensated with the heavily stacked defensive backfield that has recently been pumped up. With hope Harrison will be back without having lost too many steps.

It's a trying time to see the departures. But as the saying goes up here, "In Bill we trust".
Well I have to go. Nice talking to you even though you are a Pat.

Ayuh said:
Haha, I was hoping to see Fins05:Newhope have to open his wallet and start buying those drinks he promised for the 9-7 finish.

I probably just made an enemy though!:lol:
I'll remind him next time.

re:

I honestly don't think we enter the Playoffs as the #1 OR #2 seed in the AFC. The Colts are in a division VERY similar to us. The Chiefs or Broncos have a good shot at finishing a game or two better. The Steelers and Bengals may be a little down from what they did last year, but I get the feeling the Steelers are being EXTREMELY underrated.

The NFC is a little more balanced with decent to good teams that will beat each other up. No one really seems to stand out as the class of the Conference, and it looks like the #1 in the NFC would be around a #3 or 4 in the AFC (In my opinion).

I PRAY the Jets don't get Brady Quinn. That WOULD s.u.c.k.

i dont see how you think the jags are gonna be 7-9. the colts are gonna be garbage this year without james. i think the jags are gonna make a run for it this year

I appreciate everyone's opinions! But remember, i was bored and this is just the tip of the iceberg...I'll re-do it come training camp and then again before the season....I know not everyone agrees with it, but it's just how it seemed to play out with this feeble mind o' mine....Thanks again all you lovers/haters!

I do noy want to do a full prediction for '06 yet w/o draft, spring training, injury update, etc. We should all do one before Sept. 7. If I had to choose now I would say Superbowl XLI is Steelers vs. Panthers...I almost always favor the AFC, but it's hard to see John Fox go twice and lose. Anyway, this is just an early tease. As far the Dolphins, I'd say they make the second round of the playoffs, which would suit me just fine....as long as they win the whole thing the following year!!!

Back
Top Bottom