Some may know of this but I just found it out, WHAT an idiot! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some may know of this but I just found it out, WHAT an idiot!

jguig said:
Our own Freddie Solomon did that circa 1977. He tore his knee doing a End Zone celebration. Shula rewarded him with a trade to SF. That's how we got Delvin Williams, if I recall.

I don't remember the Solomon incident. But, Duriel Harris did it, too, on a Monday night game against Philly. He hurt his knee celebrating a TD.

dolfanmark said:
I don't remember the Solomon incident. But, Duriel Harris did it, too, on a Monday night game against Philly. He hurt his knee celebrating a TD.

wow, i haven't heard those names in years (solomon and harris). that brings back some great memories. I remember laughing at my buddy (redskin fan) when gus pulled that stunt. I remember calling gus an idiot. Ok forgive and forget. ha ha ha.

ptmn said:
Some may know this, but thought I would share for those who don't.

7. Gus Frerotte uses his head, 1997.
NFL players are always told that when they get to the end zone, to act like they've been there before. Well, Redskins quarterback Frerotte really did not know how to act after his third career rushing touchdown. After his late November one-yard touchdown run, Gus deliberately smacked his head against the stadium wall beyond the end zone. The $18 million dollar quarterback was taken to the hospital with neck pain, missing the second half of the most important game of the season (against the Giants) and was never really the same afterward. When Warner Brothers cartoon characters pull the same head-butt stunt, it's funny.

How funny is that, I wish i could see that on video, I never saw this, but what an idiot we got for a QB.

and feeley appeared on MTV once. I'll take the guy who ran his head into the wall.

unifiedtheory said:
LOL...don't encourage him.

Hatred in you I sense.......... hatred comes from anger.......anger comes from fear.........on the path to the darkside fear will take you.

lol.....Its funny to think of it now, but at the time it really sucked!

I somewhat did the same thing back in 6th grade....I was on the o-line then, and we were pushing the 4-men sled, and my head was against the dummy, and I dunno how it happened but my neck went the opposite way, and got a stinger :shakeno: ....kind of the same way Gus got his. That bad boy hurt!!!!:goof:

Hey, I loved that play! It was a Sunday night game and I had the under. Nothing like the starting QB knocking himself out of the game when I'm rooting for zero points. That game ended in a weird 5 quarter tie, if I recall. Something like 7-7 or 10-10.

he says he was celebrating. i say white guys can't dance.

I was at that game at Jack Kent Cooke. We were there until 2 in the morning, it was the only time I ever recall seeing a tie. After Gus got hurt and didnt come out on the next possession, nobody knew what the hell was going on. People figured he went back into the locker room to use the john or something.

xXxpHiN34 said:
I somewhat did the same thing back in 6th grade....I was on the o-line then, and we were pushing the 4-men sled, and my head was against the dummy, and I dunno how it happened but my neck went the opposite way, and got a stinger :shakeno: ....kind of the same way Gus got his. That bad boy hurt!!!!:goof:

6th grade, we were doing a relay game in the gym. Two teams at opposite corners of the basketball court, running in a rectangle trying to catch the other team. I go to hand off to my teamate after running and my shoes, which are rly old and have lost all grip at this point, lose traction and i run right into the wall after handing off the baton. I was sprawled out on the gym floor in front of 4 gym classes, with the wind knocked out from me. They say I left a mark on the wall, I never looked to see.

LMAO!! How about the Hayden Fox character jokes!! He high five his best qb in office and got hurt. Upset him can't playin game. What an idiot coach got him hurt.

Back
Top Bottom