Some members took a huge hit in credibilty this week with the Saban/Alabama threads | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some members took a huge hit in credibilty this week with the Saban/Alabama threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
fiedlerfan said:
Believe what you want but here are two FACTS.
1. Saban was offered a contract by Alabama
2. Saban did ask for a week to consider the offer

Of course he denied it. What do you expect him to say? Do you think he would admit he was considering other jobs?
Alabama could have hired Rodriguez a lot sooner if they weren't waiting on Saban's answer

You have a link to support this?? If not, it is BULLSH*T!!

Check around on the Tidefans message boards. You will find all the info you want

fiedlerfan said:
Check around on the Tidefans message boards. You will find all the info you want

you mean a homer board.....much like this one? I would rather believe that Satan is the son of God

fiedlerfan said:

Are you serious?
I mean come on dude...you are basing your info on gossip from another message board? :rolleyes2

Give me a damn break!

All the links you want are there.
Why do you think Alabama waited until yesterday to make an offer to a coach they could have hired a lot sooner?

They offered Spurrier first and waited for his answer, they offered Saban second and waited for his answer then they hired Rodriguez.

fiedlerfan said:
Why do you think Alabama waited until yesterday to make an offer to a coach they could have hired a lot sooner?

They offered Spurrier first and waited for his answer, they offered Saban second and waited for his answer then they hired Rodriguez.

:shakeno:

i seem to remember a time when we were trying to hook Nick around christmas time and there was A thread with A LINK-stating that he was about to hold a press conference at LSU to announce that he was coming to the phins....it was posted as NEWS on the finheaven site...and it turns out that the source was false and alot of people had egg on thier faces because we all went to the site to tune in to the "press conference" dont think any older members remember that. however the point is even LINKS are fabricated...

fiedlerfan said:

A post like this was my whole point of the thread. You take bits and pieces of information and rumor from an article and totally bypass all the other info that disputes it and state it as fact. So you are taking "facts" off a message board and taking what was reported by Saban as totally false???..Your honor...the defense rests!:shakeno: :shakeno:

NYPhinFan said:
Let me say first off that I love this site..not a better place to get information quickly and some of the most knowledgeable and good willed people around. First stop I take everyday when I get online. Now with that being said..the nonsense that took place this week with the Saban/Alabama rumor was a DISGRACE!. You had countless people who took Sabans character..loyalty and ethics and threw them all under a bus all for a rumor.It did not matter that he denied over and over any interest in the job...it did not matter. You had people having him meeting Bama officials...using it as a ploy to gain more money..bailing on this team...using "sleazy ethics. It just went beyond the normal intelligent banter or give and take. It was ignorant. They took bits and pieces of articles and ran with it...and totally ignored others that plainly stated that there was no interest in the job.
I just wish that the same people who spewed so much negativity and venom will now come back and admit how terribly wrong they were and next time just wait for all the facts to come out before burying someone. I am no different than most of you...I was concerned about all the rumors...but at least WAIT till the facts show themselves. Sorry about the rant...just think the site took a step down with the extreme overreaction and the need to try and be first in reporting it...and staining a mans reputation all for the sake of trying to be the first one to say"I told you so"

Couldnt agree anymore. Its needs to stop....:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom