Some more on Moreno "FROM A DENVER SPORTS GUY". | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some more on Moreno "FROM A DENVER SPORTS GUY".

I like this pickup a lot, we got got a guy who can block and pick up a blitz, he's a 27 year old vet who runs hard and can block what's not to like?

Blount just signed with the Steelers.. 2 year deal.. Bummed Miami didn't bring him in.. Moreno is good because flexibility in the draft and a 1 year deal.. I hope it works out...

That's mainly the reason I was hoping for Blount and not Moreno. Egnew as our lead blocker is not the answer but a true fullback would do the trick.

The only reason I like the idea of Knowshon better is his additional value in the passing game, I doubt Blount was ever in play here because I think we wanted a guy that was useful on every down. I wanted MJD because I think he's the closest thing to a total package that was on the market. Moreno is a good back, not special, but good and my next move would be in line with spiketex, Kuhn would be a logical fit.

I like Moreno on a one yr. deal for what he brings. As for another RB or FB, I wouldn't sign a vet. Get a young guy mid-late in the draft or an UDFA.

Couple of names I like

FB Chad Abram, FSU

RB Jerick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
Raijun Neal, Tennessee
Lorenzo Taliaferra, Coastal Carolina

Moreno fits the lazor offense

the "lazor offense"? what exactly is that?

he was asked that very question after being hired and he didnt give any specific, such as west coast, air coryell. etc... .

we can guess a little bit but we are not seeing any LAZOR offense. we have been running the PHILBIN offense that he brought from the packers with his own wrinkles.

i think its safe to say we will see the same [philbin already said as much] with some lazor wrinkles and trying to get something out of tannyhill for the future. but as far as a "bill lazor" offense....., there is none, theres no such thing!! as of now anyways.

Moreno is waaaay better than Blount. I been like the conviction of hickey so far. Can't wait for the draft. Moreno was the right choice. Hope it pays off huge for us.

Anyone that does not like this signing is fooling themselves. KM will become the starting back and Miller will be the TOP back. KN is a much more physical runner and blocker than anything we had on the roster. We got better with the signing so it is a good deal.

Moreno is a nice back and it is a good sign but, he doesn't wow you and he won't wow you. He'll get the job done tho but, teams aren't spending nights awake thinking about playing against him. A definite improvement tho and we should have a complete backfield.

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Definitely 2 or 3.

In addition to voting for fishfan in March Madness, I think we should vote on his pic. Do you prefer #1, #2, or #3? TUFF choice.

That would be like choosing between a T-Bone, Porterhouse or a bacon wrap Filet Mignon. All of the above please.

Several guys have mentioned his name. Sure would be better than counting on Egnew as our lead blocker.

That would be like choosing between a T-Bone, Porterhouse or a bacon wrap Filet Mignon. All of the above please.

Which would make you a Glutton but, NOT for punishment. LOL

Several guys have mentioned his name. Sure would be better than counting on Egnew as our lead blocker.

Egnew did a decent job at blocking on limited plays, not sure he will be kept this year. Blocking was a team wide problem, not just the OL but TE's, RB's, and special teams, and tackling was not that far behind.

This sounds crazy for a NFL team but, Miami will be much better and a playoff team, with what they have, IF someone can teach them to block and tackle.

Back
Top Bottom