Some news from Omar Kelly | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some news from Omar Kelly

spiketex

Aussie with the swag of El Bravo 47
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I detest Omar's know-it-all attitude but I picked up a few things from his latest video update (it was prepared before Damien Williams re-signed, because he thought DW was worth more than the $1.8M offered).

(1) He sees William Hayes moving from DE to DT on 3rd downs to allow Cam Wake and Charles Harris to rush the passer from both sides of the line. I just figured Wake, Hayes, Branch and Harris would be in rotation as DE's. I was unaware that Hayes played some DT for the Rams. Omar sees William Hayes as being Miami's best new addition to the team (but he also liked Legadu Naanee).

(2) Coach Gase has said that Leonte Carroo will be given more specific role rather than try to backup all receivers and Omar thinks that it will be DeVante Parker's backup.

(3) Omar has put some numbers to what he expects Jarvis Landry to get - (Reshad Jones numbers) - $60M over 5 years with $28M guaranteed. I don't know if Omar is just floating this on Jarvis' behalf but it was the first time I had seen actual projected numbers put to Landry.

(4) Omar said that Darrelle Revis has made contact with Tannenbaum and told him that he's down here in good shape if the Dolphins are interested. Food was very plentiful on "The Island" in 2016 and he looked slow (he had a bigger butt than Mike Pouncey), but apparently Revis has been reported as shedding over 14 lbs and is now in good shape. He will be paid $6M under the terms of getting cut from the Jets, regardless of whether he plays this season. Interesting that Omar has suggested that Revis' people approached Tannenbaum, who initially drafted and re-signed him at the Jets.

I'm intrigued with Revis for 2017. Wouldn't this be a rare opportunity to bring in a very accomplished vet at the bare minimum and see what he has to offer?

Revis IDK? I just don't.

The Hayes speculation has been out there for some time now. In fact when he signed I seem to remember reading that he could play DT on certain downs and distance.

If that's true about Revis, I wouldn't mind it if we signed him. It was only a few short years ago he was seen as the best CB in the NFL, and a lockdown Corner at that. Obviously we don't know how he would do if we did sign him, nor what kind of mentor he'd be for our younger Corners; but they could certainly learn some things from him about how to cover opposing WRs, and imo, signing him would/should strengthen our Secondary even more.

Julius Thomas will easily be the best addition to this team. Although I love the addition of Hayes, JT's impact will be more easily measured in terms of production.

Revis is interesting... I wonder if he'd be up for playing safety.

(1) He sees William Hayes moving from DE to DT on 3rd downs to allow Cam Wake and Charles Harris to rush the passer from both sides of the line. I just figured Wake, Hayes, Branch and Harris would be in rotation as DE's. I was unaware that Hayes played some DT for the Rams. Omar sees William Hayes as being Miami's best new addition to the team (but he also liked Legadu Naanee).

I'm not sure the FO agress with Omar. If so, why would they reduce his current deal from 2 years to 1 year? They didn't save a whole lot on this year's cap by making the move, so it told me they didn't see him being worth $5M next season.

Why do people feel the need to express their ill will feelings on Omar before posting his stuff? I'm not calling out the OP just in general.

Pre-emptive strike for oncoming poop-storm for mentioning Omar on finheaven...which yeah I agree has gotten a bit worn out (the poop storm).

The pure Dolphins fan in me says screw that we don't need no stinking Revis, let our young guys ball...but if he's still good enough to make the team better then it's probably a good idea to check him out.

IMO Revis as a CB is over. He's slowed a lot. There's no room at S. IMO I would hire him as a DB coach however. If he is at a place mentally where is ready to make that transition he could really help a team.

Revis definitely needed to lose weight, especially at an older age.....if I were him, I'd run into the sun with my money, but the man is a baller, a competitor, and if he wants to play, he should play.

That said, I'd take Revis in a heartbeat, everyone got their kicks off of him being beat like a drum last year (and maybe the year before), but if he has dropped some weight, I think the South Florida heat and a change of scenery would do him well.

Bring him on down, we need a few "rentals" to go deep in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom