Some news from Omar Kelly | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some news from Omar Kelly

IMO Revis as a CB is over. He's slowed a lot. There's no room at S. IMO I would hire him as a DB coach however. If he is at a place mentally where is ready to make that transition he could really help a team.
Besides that, what I saw in Revis was a player that constantly benefited from the non-call. With that taken away he woke much less than adequate.

IMO Revis as a CB is over. He's slowed a lot. There's no room at S. IMO I would hire him as a DB coach however. If he is at a place mentally where is ready to make that transition he could really help a team.

I wouldn't mind seeing Revis come in at the vet minimum and be a Player/coach. he has the experience to teach our young CB's a great deal... He doesn't have to be on the field all the time to help the team.

Seems like a no brainer to me that Hayes would move to DT on passing downs and give Phillips a break

Ya I always figured we were going to put our 4 best pass rushers on the field while giving fat boy a break.

Hayes is probably our best pick up value wise and what we traded him for. Love our roster

Finally have depth!!

While I love the idea of Revis coming in on a vet minimum, he's getting paid 6 million right now to sit at home, competitor or not he's always been about the money.

So I'd doubt he'd take a vet minimum deal knowing he's already got six million reasons not to.

I do agree we need to get both harris and wake on the field at the same time blizing. But that approach isnt gonna work with brady. Weve tried this on 3rd down. We never get there in time because he knows the blitz is coming so he gets the ball off quickly and comfortably. What we need is the ability to get to the qb on base downs. They need to figure that out

If Revis was in that good of shape I think the Patriots would have brought him back...especially at a bargain price.

No one knows who will kick inside or what the front will look like on 3rd and long until those pads come on

I do agree we need to get both harris and wake on the field at the same time blizing. But that approach isnt gonna work with brady. Weve tried this on 3rd down. We never get there in time because he knows the blitz is coming so he gets the ball off quickly and comfortably. What we need is the ability to get to the qb on base downs. They need to figure that out

The key to getting to Brady is not to blitz him. You rush 4 and drop everyone else back in coverage. It's how we used to rattle him when Wannstedt was coach and we had a much better defense. Now though the Pats are just as likely to run on 3rd down against us as they are to throw.

Last game of the season, NE first drive...3rd and 6 and Tom Brady picks up the 1st down on a scramble...Tom "slow as molasses in winter" Brady.

Reaching out to the guy that drafted you, the guy you basically made look often confused on Hard Knocks and telling them hey you are in town and in shape is about the same as Derek Fisher posting shoot around videos to garner interest to his service. No brainer if we were getting that new to league Revis, hell even Revis of 2-3 years ago but it wouldn't be that, I believe we are looking at Revis of last season more then anything else(I mean he can improve from last season.. not hard to when you play that awful), and that version of Revis is not worth the money nor the hassle.

I would be interested in Revis playing safety.

I think the staff is set on Nate Allen doing that tho unless he gets hurt or under performs like crazy.

Revis would want a lot imo & probably more money then Nate Allen

Pass on Revis.

If he signs for anything less than 6 million a year he would essentially be playing for free, so why would he take less? Plus he is pretty much done, I don't see him being significantly better than any of our top 3 maybe even 4 CBs.

Bring him to training camp no guarantees but lots on incentive clauses and see what he's got

Back
Top Bottom