Some Realism About The Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Realism About The Draft

SABAN does have the "POTENTIAL" to be a great motivator, innovator, and he has already been dubbed a "great talent evaluator" this goes back to his realtionship with Billy B. back in Cleveland.

SF made up their minds after SABAN made up his..., SABAN called SMith out.., prior to that SF was leaning heavily towards Rodgers..., SF appears to have made up their minds based on the scouting rumours flying out of the phin camp...

Saban has been trying to garner trade interest for months so he has done his job...

Da 'Fins said:
I know this post has to be a very unpopular perspective on this board, given the frenzy of posts about our trading down and all the wonderful draft picks we are going to accumulate as the Genius Saban takes over the entire NFL. Somehow, one expects the next "mock" to involve us getting five of the top ten rated players in the draft! :lol:

It certainly is an interesting few days before the draft with rumors flying and so much speculation about who we would select or whether we'll be able to trade. But, the fact is, the hardest information we have is that a trade down is still very unlikely.

Realistically, we should expect that the odds of our trading down are about 25/75; so too, the odds of our trading Surtain. This has been my view, and that of a few others, for a couple of months.

Then gentleman on the Yahoo site who says there is "momentum" on a deal between the Dolphins and Vikings, also thought the Surtain deal would get down with the Chiefs sometime in the draft! Carl Peterson clearly stated that would be impossible - they won't be able to get a contract done and do a sign and trade once the draft starts.

I also have serious doubts the Vikings will pull the trigger on giving up both their 1st round picks for either of the WR's - there just is not Randy Moss talent in this draft. No doubt the Dolphins have talked with the Vikings and Bucs about trading (probably the Browns as well).

But, don't be disappointed when we are selecting five players in this draft. The odds are in favor of that.

I had thought we might go Braylon Edwards. But, Clayton is evidently getting some information that we are still looking at Ronnie Brown as well as Aaron Rodgers. It may be that Saban believed SF would be going for Rodgers so that he turned his attention to Smith. Now with SF somewhat serious about Smith, he's looking closer at Rodgers. That may be all there is to it. It will be interesting to see if he talks about the pre-draft thinking after it's all over.
Listen people way too many of us are confunsing REALISM with DOUBT! Yes we shouldn't count on anything yet untill it happens, but all I'm hearing on this site is Flatout negative DOUBT. For one thing yes Saban does already possess Genius, thats why he was hired. Whether or not we draft who some us would like to see drafted or not win the superbowl can not take that away from him. Man, this is really starting to sound more like a Patriots or Jets site form what I'm reading!

Back
Top Bottom